1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why do I argue with malorn?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JackDodge, Jan 26, 2006.

?
  1. I love to argue, even when it's pointless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm a Howard Stern fan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm a Rush Limbaugh fan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I believe in lost causes and I think that I can change him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. none of the above but I'll post my real reason after I phone my psychiatrist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    True. Of course, he says he's a car salesman. For all we know, he might be something completely different. Considering GM's plight, though, it's entirely possible that he is. All the time he seems to have coincides with the lack of traffic that a GM dealership has these days.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Yeah, and Canadians owned slaves too!

you just can't help it can you? :lol:

in case you're oblivious to it, the sweat from your posts (this one in particular), wreak of anti-American B.O..

3. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am really an airline pilot for NWA, and I post when I am off! ;) Actually I have said who I am and what I do many times on PC.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    malorn hijacks even this thread; too funny

think Hannibal Lecter with a GM fob in the middle of his forehead and DSL in his cage

5. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    You obviously feel I threaten you in some way with the comparison to hannibal lecter. :lol:

6. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have three comments:

First, I believe the comments given about Malorn tell me more about the person throwing those comments than about Malorn.

Second, the last time I looked, this was a free country. Why are his comments any less than any others? I have seen some pretty stupid comments from many here. You are of course now free to tell me I am stupid or any of a large diverse set of comments. But that is the point. If that is all you can throw back then, in my opinion you're just as bad.

Third, we are just talking about cars. Get a life. Nothing should push anyones emotional button. But if you want to have entertainment at the expense of someone then maybe you should re-evaluate your values.

I am not defending Malorn nor anyone else. I just feel a few of you, including Malorn, need to get a grip on this situation. Think for just one second if you continue this and new users see this thread and other similiar. If you were a new user/guest would you honestly consider joining such a group? I think they call it a clique. I think this group is better than that.

Regards

7. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    We wish GM behaved the way Toyota did. Really, we do. I like the way Toyota operates, and wish GM did the same thing. Unfortunately, they do not. We do disagree with your assessment about the impact on our lives. It will result in a lower standard of living for YOU, the GM dealer, but will improve the standard of living for others. You still believe the "What's good for GM is good for America" crap. I think of you every time I see a Hummer H2. Good for America, my nice person.

The reason to argue with malorn is because he is the perfect illustration of what's wrong with GM. The sooner GM dies, the sooner H2's are off the road, the better American will be. The more malorn scorns us, the more it hurts his case. It is actually bad for sales for him to be on this board, talking about how much us Toyota buyers are hurting America. Keep it coming, malorn. That's right, you sure are convincing me to buy GM!

Still using the same sales pitch I see. Is my EV1 coming in anytime soon? I guess I'll keep my money.

You can't guilt me into dating a fat girl, and you can't guilt me into buying a Tahoe either.

Nate

8. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Nate I respect most of what you said, and no I don't think that i will convince you to buy GM. Please answer two questions for me:
    1. How does Toyota's behavior as a corporation differ that much from GM's?

2. How would the demise of GM benefit anyone in the United States?

Also the quote was never 'what is good for GM is good for america', taken in context it is actually much different and that was 50 years ago anyway.

9. Mystery Squid

Keep in mind though, this IS FHOP...

...where food fights and mudslinging are not only allowed, but encouraged!

:lol:

10. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

I chalk it up to a more disciplined corporate structure over at Toyota... better management, more clear direction... they are more maneuverable.

Toyota as a company isn't always on the defensive like GM seems to be of late...

...and they don't lose money, not to imply that one leads to another... but it is an important indicator of health.

11. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

You see... the issue is that you are caught up on the short term effects of an automaker like GM going down... no one will argue with you that in the short term, there will be much pain and suffering and possibly a recession...

But there exists another perfectly valid opinion that the shuttering of a corporation like GM is something that NEEDS to happen for America to be healthy in the long term...

Think about in nature. Forest fires are deadly and destroy lots of trees and forest life, but theyoccur naturally... a lightning strike in the forest for example... they are necessary in the cycle of forest life to clear out the old, and with enough time pass, the forest and life comes back stronger than ever...

That's the theory here. It may not be a happy theory to hear, especially if you have an interest in GM... and it may not make you happy to think that maybe after your fire has gone out of the universe, the American auto industry makes a rebound... but that's what a lot of people think is possible.

12. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Less than 5% of the auto sales in Toyota's home market are from 'import' brands. It is certainly to develop a sound financial plan with a cash cow in the plan than having stiff competition on every front. I do agree with the diciplined management, as way too much of GM's energy over the last 15 years has gone to make the sharehloders happy from qurter to quarter. GM is certainly on the defensive as of late, as they are the media's favorite target.

13. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    He can't highjack it if you have him on ignore :)

14. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    1. First of all, Toyota operates with a sense of urgency. GM lacks this, even now, when things are urgent. This permeates the culture of Toyota. Improvement is important! Competition is important! Design improvements, the kind no one will see for 15-20 years, are important now. Stopgap is not good enough. (Can anyone say Belt-Alternator-Starter)? The product will speak for itself. In a word, the difference between Toyota and GM, is urgency. Toyota feels it, GM does not.

2. The Hummer H2 is a crime on wheels. It is designed to skirt the law, namely CAFE, by being overly heavy and hazardous. Toyota builds no such vehicle. I believe a percentage of GM's other SUV's are like this as well. If these vehicles are no longer on the road, that would be a huge benefit for society, on every roadway, in every community, where these vehicles do not exist. I think I will throw a party when the Hummer is finally off of the roadway. The Sequoia, by the way, follows CAFE. It does not scoff at the law by adding extra weight.

Lastly, you have given up trying to sell me a GM car. Arguing with your customer is no way to get his money. I know you don't consider me to be part of the "normal" customer base but it seems that more and more people get categorized out of GM's "normal" customer base. My offer still stands for an EV1.

Toyota's potential customer base is anybody with money. GM's potential customer base is "anybody that is rich but isn't a tree-hugging, import-buying liberal." Strangely, a lot of us rich folks are trying to use our money to improve the world around us, instead of driving around in an Escalade or an H2.

You see, malorn, you still think (as does GM) that you are OWED my money, like the bully at the schoolyard. I believe that you have to EARN it. This is the difference between GM and Toyota.

The only thing that makes me different than the average GM buyer is that I'm smarter and I'm wealthier. (No, I'm not bragging about my personal wealth, I'm pointing out that GM has scorned the best customer demographic).

Nate

15. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    1. First of all, Toyota operates with a sense of urgency. GM lacks this, even now, when things are urgent. This permeates the culture of Toyota. Improvement is important! Competition is important! Design improvements, the kind no one will see for 15-20 years, are important now. Stopgap is not good enough. (Can anyone say Belt-Alternator-Starter)? The product will speak for itself. In a word, the difference between Toyota and GM, is urgency. Toyota feels it, GM does not.

2. The Hummer H2 is a crime on wheels. It is designed to skirt the law, namely CAFE, by being overly heavy and hazardous. Toyota builds no such vehicle. I believe a percentage of GM's other SUV's are like this as well. If these vehicles are no longer on the road, that would be a huge benefit for society, on every roadway, in every community, where these vehicles do not exist. I think I will throw a party when the Hummer is finally off of the roadway. The Sequoia, by the way, follows CAFE. It does not scoff at the law by adding extra weight.

Lastly, you have given up trying to sell me a GM car. Arguing with your customer is no way to get his money. I know you don't consider me to be part of the "normal" customer base but it seems that more and more people get categorized out of GM's "normal" customer base. My offer still stands for an EV1.

Toyota's potential customer base is anybody with money. GM's potential customer base is "anybody that is rich but isn't a tree-hugging, import-buying liberal." Strangely, a lot of us rich folks are trying to use our money to improve the world around us, instead of driving around in an Escalade or an H2.

You see, malorn, you still think (as does GM) that you are OWED my money, like the bully at the schoolyard. I believe that you have to EARN it. This is the difference between GM and Toyota.

The only thing that makes me different than the average GM buyer is that I'm smarter and I'm wealthier. (No, I'm not bragging about my personal wealth, I'm pointing out that GM has scorned the best customer demographic).

Nate

16. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Grandpa, what sharp teeth you have! B)

17. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Heck, I'm like you, Jack. I just stop in once every 10 pages for a body count.

18. Mystery Squid

I honestly don't know why you guys need an ignore "button".

For chrissakes, is it really THAT hard to simply ignore his posts?

:lol:

19. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Now what about a mud fight?? That sounds a lot more fun than a food fight...

:D :D :D

20. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes. :huh: