1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why do other drivers seem to hate me and my Prius?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by cdnbrit, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  2. Frederickdawg

Frederickdawg Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is. I don't even bother speed limits anymore when more than one lane is available I root myself in the "driving lane" and let others pass on the left. Wife hates the idea since folks around here seem to think it's a turning lane LOL. Yeah so in about ten miles it becomes a turning lane , is that why every numpty congests the left lane ? We won't even discuss middle lane morons.

How to tell if you're a middle-lane moron - The Globe and Mail

How to tell if you're a middle-lane moron - The Globe and Mail

Dash cam from my truck, only occurred recently. But a typical days driving here in the FL, excuse my language used.

SM-G928T ?

#42 Frederickdawg, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    vegan likes this.
  3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good advice for out-of-region visitors. I've noticed a significant group of them who cannot leave their bad home-turf habits at home when visiting here, and have difficulty adapting to our slower average speeds and wider spread of speeds.

A relative is a magistrate judge in another state, in the same town where I grew up. He gets ticket appeals from lots of out-of-region travelers who are shocked to learn that the speed overages they are accustomed to at home, even treat as a birthright, don't apply everywhere. It is a rural area with poor winding roads and a high traffic fatality rate. To the outsiders who complain about being specially targeted, I just have to ask, why were you passing so many vehicles with local plates? The locals are not getting as many tickets because they learned as teenagers, and are at risk of driver's license suspensions if caught too frequently. This is nothing new, it has been that way since before I was of driving age.

Air_Boss likes this.