1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why do some owners never recharge Prime after purchase?

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by IABoy987, Jun 12, 2020.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    they could have been plugged in overnight, but you're right, it has nothing to do with prime

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got gas the last time on March 6. 3,050 miles so far since then. I'm probably driving about 3/4 as much as I used to these days, but April and May were greatly curtailed.

What's the top EV speed on a Gen 2? Something like 35 mph and with almost no acceleration? Yup. Nothing in common with a Prime.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    40mph IIRC (65km/h).

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's the principle. dot gov drops megabucks on plug in conversions to set an example. employees could care less, and the public even less than that. classic democracy in action

5. Prim.e.xample

Prim.e.xample Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I have been using gas only the past week as I noticed I was sitting on a full tank and couldn't remember the last time I had filled up. I also have been avoiding fully charging as I have been working from home a lot and many of you have said that holding a full charge might hurt the battery. I'll get down to maybe a 1/4 tank and then start charging again. That CVT sound though...woof.

On a macro level it looks simple but we all know when you start to zero in on individuals their needs and/or wants are sometimes wildly different. In this case I think it falls on whatever manager has the pleasure of overseeing the converted vehicles.

bisco likes this.
  6. yaun

yaun Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Here in MA (Northern Electric) my current cost of driving 100 miles is:
    Gasoline: 1.9 gallons * 2$/gallon = 3.80$
    EV: 25kWh *0.25$/kWh = 6.25$

So EV is 64% more expensive. Once gasoline goes back toward 4$ things will turn around again. It's good to have choice.

MTN, Glenn G and John321 like this.
  7. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Knowledge is the best tool for making the choice in fuel selection and a Plug In Hybrid is the best recipe to give an individual the right to choose after educating himself to the best fuel choice

Glenn G likes this.
  8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    wait - before it was practically banned - weren't the pledge of allegiance words, "... and to the Republuc for which it stands" ? don't wana be blaming our democracy unnecessarily

Glenn G likes this.