Why don't you like the large format screen in the Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by Turquo, Jul 7, 2020.

1. KCWhitney

KCWhitney Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

Yes, but you can't totally quiet the Bosch dish washer beeping when finished.

Old Bear and correctclick like this.
  2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    My contribution to dumb and unnecessary annoyances:
    The microwave at our office beeps six times when it's done. If you open the door before it's done, the magnetron stops, so it obviously knows when the door is open. But! If you let it finish before opening the door, the beeping continues even after you open the door. Why is it telling me, "Hey, I'm done," when it's obvious that I know it's done? If it can stop the magnetron when the door opens, can't it stop the beeper when the door opens?

And then there are other microwaves that you have to tell it you're going to use it for its main purpose (cooking) before you can enter the time you want it to cook. How about if we tell it when we DON'T want to cook, but just want to set a timer?

douglasjre and Trollbait like this.
  3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Not as bad the old RadarRange we had at work that started shocking people.

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Ouch! That sounds like a bad wiring job. I had a refrigerator like that. It had a hot frame because whoever wired the outlet had the hot and neutral backwards. Another fridge really nailed me once because the incoming power wasn't bonded. The hot was 50 volts and the neutral was 70 volts. Both were shocking surprises!!

5. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Some wire or connection had grounded out in the oven. It was around 30 years old at that point.

jerrymildred likes this.
  6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    We just got a new washer, updated version of our previous, and yeah, some extra "features". Lot's of beeps and chimes, and it took an obscure chicken-dance, multiple push-and-hold of buttons to quell them. Another charming feature: you can't open the lid once it's going (it locks), nor lift the lid even while it's filling (messes up the cycle you've chosen). Seems like you're forced to dump dry detergent on to the clothes prior to filling. I will research more...