1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why I chose a Prius (Short Story). I am a Happy Owner :)

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by ECOMan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ECOMan

ECOMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    I chose the Prius C3 because it has all the basics such as push start, sunroof, navigation and of course the MPG. I am loving the car so far

JMD and Rob.au like this.
  2. vtx1800r

vtx1800r New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I know the feeling. In Oct '11 I bought a Toyota FJ Cruiser. My goal was to go off road and use it for towing when needed for my bike and also later my car. I did like the FJ and it is a fine truck. The 17 MPG was not a real issue as I don't drive that much to begin with.

In Sept I bought a '71 Monte Carlo with a 402 big block. All stock right down to the radio that still works. While I was at "Cruisin' the Coast" (rally in Mississippi) I saw the Prius C for the first time. I liked the look of the car. It was different from the others out there. It had the room I needed and it got 50 MPG! In October I took one out for a test drive and just bought it. It handled well, was good for almost all the driving I usually do, ect.

Now most of my friends think I have lost it when they see a prius C parked next to a classic Chevy, but, to me they are both iconic cars of thier era. They are both beautiful in thier own ways.

Fun part is that now I spend so little on gas on the prius I can actually drive the Monte a little more as I can afford to buy more gas for it without changing my budget.

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There is nothing like inner peace that the synergy drive delivers. I came from Celica Gen7 and never looked back.

4. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My inner peace comes from looking at my fuel receipts over the last 9 months. :)

ECOMan, TC400 and taco4267 like this.
  5. ECOMan

ECOMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts vtx1800r. I know what you mean when you buddies think you are crazy lol. Everyone thought I lost it as well.

6. ECOMan

ECOMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    I love it!

I am still on the first tank of gas from the dealership. So far I've driven 80+ miles and I only lost 1 bar of gas. I could have been driving it too harshly because I came from the Hyundai to this. Now I will need to drive more cautiously by using the ECO Score display and try to get the highest MPG possible!!

7. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Awesome car! I took a 17.9 trip today and got 60.6 MPG :)

8. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yep,

It will grow on you. I am still appreciating the engineering and details along with the great mileage every day.

Enjoy your new ride.

DBCassidy

9. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I like my Prius cars a lot, even after 10 years of hybrid driving. To be honest though, I liked my 1994 Honda Civic more.

10. ECOMan

ECOMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    That's exactly why I love the car.

Thanks, I love the car more and more everyday. I've driven 200 Miles since I picked the car up from the dealership and I still have more than half a tank left. Amazing

I'm there with you about your civic. The genesis is fun to drive. If I had the money then of course I would have kept the car and gotten myself the prius as well but I had to make a choice so I chose the Prius. Absolutely no regrets but again, the Genesis was a sweet fun ride.

11. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    No way to know of course, if I would still prefer the Civic today. I like to think so ;)

ECOMan likes this.
  12. jqsmooth

jqsmooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! Enjoy your new PC!!!

13. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c