1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why I got a Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Wolfie52, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Wolfie52

Wolfie52 Senior "Jr" Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My reasons for getting a Prime were the fact that I like to take long road trips 2-3 times a year but mostly drive within 15 miles of home. I recently took a trip from Charlotte to Illinois. Total trip 1765 miles with better than 59 MPG. I was able to charge twice on the trip, both times it did not interfere (slow me down while waiting to charge) with my plans and both were "free".

On the return I drove from eastern Ill to TN nonstop, where gas was 20/25 cents a gallon cheaper, on one tank-- including 5 straight hours of driving through the beautiful southern Indiana and Kentucky back country! (I like to drive longer shifts). That one tank (started with a full charge) got me 577 miles and almost 63 mpg. (think the fill up was about 9.5 gal). The cost when I filled up was $25.60. I used AC and the trip included going over the Appalachian mountains so it wasn't all level.

Total Trip MPG.jpg One fill up.jpg

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    North Carolina is quite scenic as well.
    One of my very favorite states!!

Enjoy the Prime.....and enjoy those road trips....more efficiently. :)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    when we drive to florida in our 13mpg chevy suburban, gas is the cheapest part of the trip.

4. slothsandwich

slothsandwich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've been wondering what size tank the Prime has. I've only had mine for two weeks now so I trying to see how long I can go without filling up! Averaging 110MPG right now for commute drive.