Why I Hate my Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by stevepea, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    You should have just asked. Just about anyone could have told you that buying a Model S solely for saving money on gas doesn’t pan out.

Of course, buying a Prime doesn’t either, you should have bought a used Geo Metro if gas money was your only priority.;)

Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. Dudley1030

Dudley1030 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I bought my Prime Adv on November, 30th. I have about 1500 miles on it. I have never had more than 23-25 miles EV mode available after a charge. How are you getting substantially more than that?

3. Prime8

Prime8 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I chose the Prime based on many factors upon which the Geo Metro does not appear to be as capable of meeting my expectations. Specifically safety and reliability.

The bottom line is that no matter how hard I try, owning the Prime greatly impairs my ability to financially justify the purchase of a Model S which was difficult enough to justify before purchasing the Prime. Hence, in keeping with the theme of this thread, I mentioned that.

Short of winning the lottery, which not playing makes a little less likely, I do not expect to find a Model S in my garage next to my Prime. There simply is not enough room.

bwilson4web and fuzzy1 like this.
  4. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It takes a dozen or more charges and good warm weather for the estimated miles to creep up in the 30's. Remember, that's only an estimate and won't necessarily mean you will get more than 25. Now that it is winter, the estimated and actual will probably go down until April.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web i3 and Prime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Well you could have kept the Geo Metro and gotten a used Leaf. We call that a garbage plug-in hybrid.

Bob Wilson