1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why I Think Cindy Sheehan is a NUTJOB.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

See? This is how people like michael moore are able to manipulate and spin the masses. in his "documentary", he likes to go up to politicians and ask them why their kids aren't fighting in Iraq, I'm sure one of them turned and said something amongst the lines of, "They had a personal choice, just like you or anyone else".

But, of course, that would end up on the editing room floor.

Regardless of if it happened or not, that side of the argument is, conveniently, missing.

Which is why one of the first indicators someone is a band-wagon Bush-basher is when, "I loved michael moore's f-9/11" shoots out of their mouth... :rolleyes:
    (which, incidentally, I actually own because I wanted to see his perspective for myself)

2. jared2

jared2 New Member

"Unless that is we've raised a generation of people that aren't able to think for themselves and quesiton what they are able to do or not do."

In a nutshell.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So Cindy doesn't have the charisma or the eloquence of Gandhi or Martin Luther King, Jr.

Message seems the same.

I guess she's a nutjob because she's a woman and won't shut up and doesn't know her place?

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am under the impression that Casey Sheehan joined the military out of spite for his mother. How else can it be that an ultra-liberal mental case like Cindy raised a son who would end up joining the Army??? :huh:

Even her husband had to get away from the nut job . . . Patrick Sheehan (Casey's father), filed for divorce on August 12, 2005. He doesn't support her cause, according to Cindy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Sheehan#Family

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    "The forces are stretched. I don't think there's any question of that."
    ---Gen. George Casey, U.S. commander of multinational forces in Iraq

"Anyone with an ounce of sense would see it exactly opposite." ---Secretary of Defense Donald ('Duck!') Rumsfeld, responding to a Pentagon report that ground forces in Iraq are especially overstretched.

:blink: :blink: :unsure:

6. Mystery Squid

On the face of it, I'm with you on that one Jack...

That's right up there with:

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it.â€

7. nmgreen

nmgreen New Member

So you are a personal friend of hers?
    Or is she "an ultra-liberal" because she doesn't agree with the president and his "advisors," because she stands up for what she believes in no matter how much she is harangued by the right-wing punditry as a "mental case," and because she won't shut-up and behave like a "proper" woman and start believing the men who sold us the war with verifiable lies and fabricated rationale? (Read about the second "Downing Street memo" that has recently surfaced?)

These sound like real American values, unlike those of the sycophants who would justify the actions of Satan to keep from having to ever admit being wrong and correcting course.

I read the contorted leaps of reasoning in threads like this attempting to validate insanity and it starts to make me laugh,
    until I remember it's this vacuous mentality that brought us here and continues to dig us deeper.

8. dipper

dipper Senior Member

How about the... "I am against the war, but I will not vote to bring the troops home."

9. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    As Colin Powell wisely said before we embarked on that sorry adventure: "You break it, you own it."

As much as I oppose the war, we simply cannot just pack up and leave behind a vacuum to be filled by the radical Shite Ayatollahs allied with Iran and Osama Bin Laden and his ilk.

10. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

In general many people fall short in recognizing the merits of true visionaries, activists etc, people who against all odds and societal expectations and given norms and laws peacefully challenge important issues that benefit mankind at large. Such truly recognized individuals where always despised, persecuted and so on. Many contemporaries saw Rosa Parks, Jody Williams, Marayam Rajani, Rosa Luxemburg, Jessie Street and hundreds of others were perceived as a "Nutjob". Their methods were scrutinized and questioned even by their followers.

Interestingly enough, one of such heroines was portrayed in a "Home of the Brave" 2004 documentary by Paola di Florio. I'm talking about Viola Liuzzo. I strongly recommend this to anyone who cherishes and respects freedom. It was out last August on dvd.

Sheehan is daring, resilient and brave enough to expose herself against the barrage of attacks, I humbly admire such personalities.

11. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

"Even her husband had to get away from the nut job . . . Patrick Sheehan (Casey's father), filed for divorce on August 12, 2005. He doesn't support her cause, according to Cindy."

More Rovian attacks on the messenger as a distraction from the message.

How low of you to go after her personally like this. Does YOUR mother know you behave this way? Would she be proud of you?

Dick.

12. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

"I was told my son was killed in the war on terror. He was killed by George Bush's war of terror on the world.â€

- This is true. We were not attacked by Iraq, nor were we going to be -- we created the war.

"So what really gets me is these chickenhawks, who sent our kids to die, without ever serving in a war themselves. They don't know what it's all about. "
    (last I knew, no one forced her son to sign on the dotted line...)

- Uh, he signed up presumably to help defend our country. That's noble. However he was forced to fight in a worthless war against a country that was a threat to no one anymore, and it's caused far more death than it prevented.

"When I was growing up, it was 'Communists'. Now it's 'Terrorists'. So you always have to have somebody to fight and be afraid of, so the war machine can build more bombs, guns, and bullets and everything. "

- Um, this is true as well. Haven't you heard of McCarthyism? The buzzword in the 60s was Communism; now it's terrorism. You read stories all the time of regular American citizens being accused of being terrorists.

I don't understand what you could object to in these quotes.

13. Mystery Squid

So then why aren't you out there trying to make a bigger statement than Sheehan? Don't care about the war or the thousands of dead soldiers and tens of thousands of dead innocent Iraqi women and children enough to try and out do Sheehan, and thereby claim your place within the halls of "such heroines"?

Since us Chickenhawks don't actually serve, I suppose you could lead by example...

I'll keep my eye out for you on CNN (see if you can have a shot of your Prius in the background though...).

Hurry up though, every moment you waste, another injustice is being committed...

;)

14. Mystery Squid

Actually, we weren't attacked by Afghanistan either...

No one is forced to fight. You can simply choose not to fight, or try and obtain "objector" status. No one will go to the gallows or face a firing squad for such. True, there are consquences, and you might very well end up in prison. Then again, signing up for the military, is pretty self explanatory for what you might have to do in the first place...

;)

15. Mystery Squid

Congrats for being the first one to stoop to that level.

From what I understand from you people, the right wingers are the ones that will, in fact, stoop to those levels, as it is an inherent characteristic which expresses itself resulting from lack of being able to comprehend logical arguments...

...*sigh*....

wrong again...

;)

16. hv74656

hv74656 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't have a problem with Sheehan's feelings, but I do have a problem with how she vents them. If Bush didn't want to talk to her two months ago, why would he want to talk to her now? However, Bush is also guilty of suppressing Sheehan's freedom of speech. As long as she was going to peacefully demonstrate at the state of the union, she had every right to be there. As Peter Griffin said “I may disagree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to do so." If only politicians could understand that.

17. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh Squid, you are far too modest.

18. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    No, I'm no friend of Cindy Sheehan . . .
    But these two are best of buds . . . they may even go camping together. :blink: [​IMG]
    "Down with the U.S. empire! It must be said, in the entire world: Down with the empire!" - Hugo Chavez

Sheehan, who lives in Berkeley, Calif., said Saturday that she is strongly considering challenging Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California because the lawmaker will not support calls to immediately bring the troops home.

"He said, 'Why don't I run for president?'" - Cindy Sheehan

Chavez said Sheehan had invited him to join her April protest at Bush's Crawford, Texas, ranch.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/30/...D8FEQVKO4.shtml

“America has been killing people on this continent since it was started. This country is not worth dying for.†-Cindy Sheehan
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadA...le.asp?ID=17915

Now, what “real American values†were you referring to??? :huh:

19. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Casey wasn't FORCED to do anything he didn't want.

Casey Sheehan enlisted in the Army in 2000 at age 20. He reenlisted in 2004 and he knew that he would probably be sent to Iraq.

“In March 2004, he was sent to Iraq as a mechanic attached to the artillery division of the 1st Cavalry Division. When a convoy was attacked in Sadr City a month later, he volunteered to join the rescue mission - although he had no obligation to take part in combat.â€

Let Casey Sheehan Speak For Himself

http://www.tampatrib.com/News/MGBUP137LCE.html

20. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

...really doesn't matter what his specific duties were while over there. All military members are combatants and are expendable.

We who serve and have served do not get to pick and choose the battles based on what we feel is morally right. Our parents don't pick those battles either. We were there willingly, following intense training.

Politicians and world leaders wage wars. Servicemen and women fight the battles when ordered to do so without question. You know...like a chess set.

Ms. Sheehan did not publicly take this stance until her son was killed. When he was growing up, I'm sure every time he got hurt at the playground, she came running to save him. Though she hurts, she needs to let go.....she can't pick and choose his battles....she can't pick him up from the playground any more.

She is no Rosa Parks, Harriett Tubman, or Jessie Street - comparing them is an insult. She has her own agenda....a sore loser...and has become a spotlight whore. And now, she is just a tool of other people with their own agenda.

This is sad