1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why I Think Cindy Sheehan is a NUTJOB.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Feb 2, 2006.

1. dsunman

dsunman New Member

WOW, that's pretty nasty malorn

maggieddd, let me give you an advice - report him to one of the moderators

2. Hallowday

Hallowday New Member

Your life has had to be miserable the past 6 years. Just hold on....only two more years and you can breathe a giant sigh......or maybe the repubs will get 4 more years.....yikes!

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Uh oh mal....

:lol:

FWIW, he's not the only person that perceives you as such. The tone which you project within the posts you compose, tend to be angry and spiteful on these issues. You can almost feel some sort of extreme bitterness behind your words. It's a perception you're creating, intentionally or not.

4. Mystery Squid

Nah, heated arguments are part of the fun, as long as it doesn't degenerate into idiotic name calling, it's all good.

5. dsunman

dsunman New Member

but in this case malorn presented "idiotic name calling" - US hater. He hasn't posted anything related to the thread

6. dsunman

dsunman New Member

I haven't seen all her posts, but whatever she posted in this thread seems pretty normal.
    malorn on the other hand...

But whatever, none of my business

7. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Squid, so you are also saying that I am a US hater among other characteristics of me.
    I could easily psychoanalyze and generalize your character based on the posts you have made.
    I won't waste my time.

8. Mystery Squid

No, I never accused you of being a U.S. hater did I? Perceiving you as one and accusing you of one are two different things aren't they? Obviously, it's not just malorn, and as such, it's not unreasonable to assume there are probably more.

Then again, why the heck do YOU care what anyone else thinks ANYWAY? Big deal, he thinks you're a U.S. hater, you probably think he's some crude truck driving redneck. BFD. Funny thing is, you're usually the one to fly off the handle first.

As for your time, do what you want, after all, it is YOUR time, and I could care less.

;)

Edit: although I do wish you'd drop your hostility at times, as you do have a lot of good posts.

9. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Let me say, I envy all of you..

I don't know where you all get the time to post such detailed and LENGHTY posts and replies!!

I should be asleep right now, to deal with another 12 hour work day tomorrow!!! (then to come home & help with the watching of my Down's sister-in-law, help with the dishes, etc etc... then Saturday early am Laundromat run, then take the garbage to the transfer station, etc etc (is that a violin I hear playing?).... B)

Your postings have kept me interested and entertained.... I'm glad we are all in a country where we can speak like this (Thanks Google for your China Deal)

10. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Resorting to personal attacks is hostile. On this thread and the previous ones both of you malorn and yourself attacked me with slander and labeling without any additional input to the thread. That's HOSTILE. Like I said before you fail to recognize your own conduct and focus on personal accusations of others rather than the topic itself.
    Besides, what are you malorn's defender? Can't he speak for himself? Does he need your support?

11. Mystery Squid

So what's wrong with a heated argument? There's a difference between personal attacks such as, "U.S. Hater!" and "stupid bitch!". Since when do YOU impose arbitrary "rules" on arguing and message board conduct ANYWAY? For that matter, why do you focus on "hostilities" so much anyway?

As for concurring with malorn, does it really matter?

I thought so... :lol:

12. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I responded to your edit about my alleged hostility at times.
    What kind of heated argument is it when one resorts only to slandering and name calling without any relevance to the topic?

To me there is a big difference between "US hater" and "stupid bitch". I prefer the latter as issues pertaining my country are dearer to me than my personal appearance. You might not particularly care if I call you a "traitor" or "neo-nazi" for whatever political perceptions you might have, but I do care.

People differ.

13. nmgreen

nmgreen New Member

Maggie- Don't waste your time caring about what they're saying about you. It means nothing. The crap they write is really just for themselves and doesn't make any sense anyway :rolleyes:

14. Mystery Squid

heh, how do I describe it? Depending upon the type of argument (and who's doing it), it's a tactic intended to throw people off, an attempt to force them to press on under some form of duress. I suppose it's more effective in a live debate than on a message board, but the principle is the same. It's like, "how thick is your skin" under fire... When you have two people arguing in such manner, it's totally awesome, and highly entertaining.

I'm the inverse. I know I'm not a "US hater", and generally, it matters not to me if anyone thinks otherwise, and this goes for almost any accusation. It most certainly does not mean it is any less dear to me. As a matter of fact, I see it as the ultimate form of care for an ideology, I know, I need not prove to anyone anything.

Yup, I guess that says it all.

In the future, I'll try my best to refrain from any personal attacks given your stated value system.

15. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My helpful contribution to this lurrrrvely thread:

It's "I COULDN'T care less." With what you said, you haven't hit bottom yet. You could, somehow, manage to become more apathetic to whatever MaggieDD says next, if you could just come up with it within yourself. But you haven't yet. A sort of compliment I guess.

Just to pay back some of the pain for pointless threads such as this one, let me add more helpful English major stuff:

"Disinterested" means you have no stake in the outcome.

"Uninterested" means just not interested.

And to further digress, it's "fewer" when you can count the item. As in, that sign in the grocery line should read "Express lane, 10 items or FEWER." LESS is for non-countables. Less milk. Less gasoline. But FEWER gallons.

Can we all play nice or shall I start diagramming sentences?

16. Mystery Squid

:lol:

It's a message board, not an English class... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input though...

17. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    But in practice, this often derails an argument, since it effectively changes the subject. It's possible to "win" an argument by insulting the other person, but that's often because the other person decides to disengage after being called an idiot or to defend themselves instead of arguing the initial point. To me, this seems like kind of a hollow victory.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you've decided to drop the name-calling. For me, at least, it will make your posts a lot more readable. Thanks.

18. Mystery Squid

That's not really the point though... Generally, if the other person disengages they haven't persevered through the argument under attack. What good is your agrument if you're effectively silenced in the face of duress?

I think this is a skill that's slowly being lost. Seems to me a lot of people are raised to avoid confrontation, and are easily intimidated. THAT'S truly scary, it's generating more and more "sheeple" every day...

I guess I'm the only one here I know of that has engaged in this form of argument, then again, perhaps it's due party to upbrining, and partly to the nature of my work, whereas clients can get highly emotional.

Now what fun will that be?

:eek:

j/k

...sort of...

19. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is really interesting, because I have almost exactly the opposite view. What good is your argument if you have to resort to off-topic personal attacks instead of providing evidence to support your view? And I think the really scary thing is that people pay attention to the name-calling rather than critically analyzing the actual arguments.
    We probably have very different approaches to dealing with highly-emotional people.
    Thank you for not saying "that wouldn't be any fun at all, you bitter, humorless idiot!" :)

20. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

Using your own words:
    Just so you know I am not accusing you of being a “jejune narcissistâ€, remember I am only perceiving you as such and it’s not unreasonable to assume there are probably many more posters that have the same perception.