1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why I won't buy a Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by 4rpr15, Apr 1, 2016.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Or .... chat after it's a ½yr late .... or like the model x - 1½yrs late ... it really doesn't matter. Optimistic folk will move forward anyway. But the Naysayers; Ever wonder why they 'enjoy' being naysayers? It's plain & simple insecurity. When the naysayers are 'right' - they believe they look 'smart' because for a fleeting moment they get to proclaim, "See? I told you so ..." "see how smart i am? ..." "See? I knew they'd fail ..." yep, naysayers need to show how smart they are.
    And when/if the naysayers are wrong? Everyone's so happy if/when goodness & successfulness happens that nobody remembers the poor ol' naysayers ... so there's really no downside for the naysayers - other than being & living in their own negativity . Something to consider, next time you find yourself waiting for failure
    ;)

Ursamajor, TonyWilkey and Trollbait like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i do agree with the part of the article that stated the longer tesla takes to roll out the 3, the more customers they will lose to competition. if there is any competition. right now, there's nothing from nobody. if you decide you don't want to wait for a 3, you'll have to buy something completely different.

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    There'll be the Bolt, but those wanting to go from a BMW, M-B, Lexus, etc. to a Tesla likely don't want to go to a Chevy.

4. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    No I just don't think Tesla can take over the world with their ideas as they say they can. Too much politics around it. Nice ideas though...

Depends....They bought the Bmw, MB and Lexus to show off and after they seen the repair bills they ditched it. Nobody knows what the Model 3 repair bills will be yet. Same thing with the long term repair bills on the S & X. Nobody knows.

hill likes this.
  5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    oh - see i never heard 'em say that. maybe provide a Link?

6. TonyWilkey

TonyWilkey Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What is considered "in-Time". My Model ≡ reservation doesn't list a delivery date or even an estimated delivery date. And I don't care! I know I will have to wait a long time.

All this hate from Toyota fanboys makes me warm and makes me laugh! The so call technology in the New Prius is laughable. Voice navigation still doesn't work, No android auto or apple carplay, and fake High MPG readings. Do you want to update software/maps? drive to a dealer and WAIT and PAY!

vinnie97 and stephane like this.
  7. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    He can't because they never did.
    Tesla has, however, explicitly stated they can't do it alone and they need help to reach the goal of transitioning the world to mor sustainable transportation.

8. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The hate is more likely coming from people trying to make a quick buck in attempting to short Tesla stock, and got burned.

Ashlem likes this.
  9. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Tesla will eventually go the way of IBM, Microsoft, GM and every other big company. Musk will eventually be followed by some corporate drone loyal to Wall Street. But not in the immediate future.

The complaints and warning about 'negative' Tesla cash flow is most excellent news. Here is why: Virtually all the Wall Street firms wanting to make quick money off Tesla cannot do so if Tesla ruthlessly reinvest all revenue into better and more economical vehicles. With no short term investor returns, nor stock manipulation leverage, nor any Tesla money spent on financial pursuits, all the avenues for parasitic money are long shots.

While the average reader may worry about the negative press of Tesla not making money or profit for the parasitic investors, those that know how Wall Street works are optimistic. Making a good car (and a lot of them) is the only Tesla path for success. The corporate idea of depending on smart customers and treating them right is not a desirable Wall Street investment firm desire for the quick gigabuck.

hill, Trollbait and bisco like this.
  10. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Nobody knows how Wall Street works circa 2008.

iPhone ?

11. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Who uses gps navigation anymore lol. This is why Toyota is creating a screen which can mirror whatever your smartphone has on its screen.

hill likes this.
  12. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I hadn't read that. Is that going to be for certain - a feature in the prime?

13. TonyWilkey

TonyWilkey Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Link? Info? When? I don't see how they can do it. Android auto and Carplay work and provide navigation and other apps on you car display. Which is kind of the point?

14. Trollbait

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Maybe they'll license the system GM has in the Spark and Sonic.

15. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Toyota is known for coming out with surprises. That's one of them. :)

iPhone ?

16. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    sooo ... no link? Just being hopefull?

17. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Google is your friend. :)

18. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Google shows they tried to get it to work on the Camry back in 2011 .... with a Nokia phone. Wow, hadn't heard the name Nokia for many a year. Must still be too buggy as there's not much else on mirroring.

19. Ursamajor

Ursamajor Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My gen-1 Volt replaced a 2 year old Range Rover in my garage. At my recommendation a colleague picked up a Volt after three successive A6 leases, he loves it. A Volt owner I chatted with when our identical cars were parked next to each other had replaced a 5 series, he was very happy.

When VW buys back my TDI this summer I'll replace it with a Volt or a Prius. I have no interest n a non-alt fuel Chevy or Toyota. PHEVs and BEVs can be a reset button for brand loyalty.

#339 Ursamajor, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  20. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    it's a rare bird who not only has a Clear Vision of the future - as well as the Zeal, strength, patience, strategic thinking energy & resources to move it all forward ... AND the ability to pick a like minded protegé