1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why I'm not buying a Volt (at least at first)

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by Stev0, Apr 22, 2010.

1. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    The biggest problem with the Volt is that they no longer have a market to themselves. Back when the Volt was being "advertised", all PHEVs were conversions, and the EV market was basically the Tesla Sportster. Now that the Volt is getting closer to the market, a whole lot of choices appear just around the corner that just look better. If your going to install and use that home charging station, then an EV looks like a better long term choice than a 40 mile PHEV. Let's hope GM gets this right and out quickly. The window is closing.

2. mitcheli

mitcheli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Oh, I think the Toyota/Tesla thing is very intriguing. Tesla lacks significantly in the "mass production" department. Toyota lacks in the "go really fast really quick while maintaining a good range on battery power" department.

Together, I sense cars that will go really fast, really quick while maintaining a good range on battery power to be mass produced...

Second gen plug in hybrid? hmm...

1 person likes this.
  3. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    I will look at the Volt a few years from now...

If the car works fine, my main considerations will be:

1) Cost
    2) What the competition has.

I'm thinking I may not replace my 2004 Prius until 2015, so a lot can change during that period. Specifically, by that time Toyota's 4th generation Prius should be out, or something else that a closer direct competitor to the Volt.