1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why is Navigation Map So dark?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by samsdad, Jan 9, 2014.

1. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Personally I mainly use USB for all of my music. I like to see album name, artist, and cover art. Plus I like to use the consumption screen sometimes, and navigation sometimes.

If the way to turn it off was a little simpler and faster, I would probably do it a little more often.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, to #1. The screen comes on when it needs to, like when you change radio stations or inputs on the sound system, etc. from the steering wheel controls, then the display turns off again after a few seconds.

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    not sure if it will work on the 2012, but in the 2010 nav manual...if you got to general settings there is a line for "auto screen change" according to the manual when in the ON position. it will default back to the map after 20 seconds.

Like you I know my way around my "hood" Id rather have the audio controls so i can swicth music, or tune to news/weather traffic, ect...

4. autgoing

autgoing New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Does anyone lose most of the map detail when the lights come on? I can hardly make out the map even at night!

5. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    That happens with my C.
    Barely readable at night and almost impossible to read most days.

Just found out last night that turning the dash light dimmer all the way UP, past the click, eliminated the
    problem at night. Haven't had a chance to try it in the daytime yet.

I find this rather odd since dimming the rest of the panel lights does NOT dim the map display.