1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why is the charging port in back?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Rebound, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Now that I've had my Plug-in for a year, I'm comfortable with the charging port in the back. With the rear view camera, it's very easy to back this car into a parking spot. For that matter, it's hard to see where the front of the car is when parking... so backing in can actually be easier. I've become really good at backing into my driveway every night, and running th cable across my driveway isn't a problem at all.

2. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :) I like the idea of the charging port in the right rear fender opposite the gas filler on the left. But, mounted up front would be better for easy charger hook up. Until recently, I had to pull up close (too close) and at a angle to my Leviton Level 2 charger at home for the cable to reach the rear. I recently decided to back the car in and that has solved my problem. I have a table under the charger, run the charge cable down the wall and keep it under the table. The Leviton Level 2 charger has a 18 guage cable which is a challenge to roll up and mount to the bottom of the charger. It's even worse in cold weather, no flexibility at all. I now reach under the table and pull out about six feet of cable and plug it in. I was going to reroute my charger to another wall with great effort, but this solutions works best and is a easy fix. Level 2 charging at work and level 2 charging at home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i only charge at home and work, so it hasn't been an issue. is front left better? everone's situation is probably different. one on each corner?:cool:

4. Francos

Francos Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I solve the issue with extension cord. It really does not matter.