1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why is the front spoiler so low to the ground

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by shrek, Oct 5, 2018.

1. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That's because you are like the rest of us. I use to weigh 118# when I was 21.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Thought I had lost mine from a chunk of recap flying down the road but I got lucky. Recaps need to be banned or the specs increased as they are a severe safety hazard to everyone. Saw a big 4X4 that got whacked good.

2. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    #42 ETP, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  3. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    BTW/merry Christmas everyone. May you not be on the receiving end of a B-52 run.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I understand it's non-selectable. From a standing start it's fully engaged, then tapers off as speeds go up. But not user selectable; probably for the best.

ETP likes this.
  5. ETP

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Must have read the gas only specs! ARGH! Corrected my post!
    Gas only : Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive

In addition to standard front-wheel drive, RAV4 gas models offer two types of available all-wheel drive. The new, segment- and Toyota-first, Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Rear Driveline Disconnect comes standard on AWD-equipped Limited gas and Adventure grade models. It can direct up to 50 percent of engine torque to the rear wheels, as well as distribute it to the left or right rear wheel to enhance handling on or off pavement.

MPG
    RAV4 Hybrid models are the efficiency leaders of the lineup with an estimated mpg of 41/37/39 (city/hwy./combined).

2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid | Toyota.com

All-New 2019 Toyota RAV4 Breaks the Mold for the Segment It Created | Toyota USA Newsroom

My wife is almost convinced but she like the Highlander better. It just may not fit in our garage and at 50K is a very expensive proposition (coffin grade car).

#45 ETP, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Up here EVERYBODY is driving CUV, SUV, mini-van, truck. Seems like lower-profile sedans/hatches/wagons are just not selling. I've heard the CUV/SUV sector has lower safety, fuel economy and emission standards they need to meet, hence they can build and sell them cheaper.

Don't get the Highlander, lol.

7. Me_

Me_ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Its true and not true for me. Depending where you measure. The front lip and rockers make the can can look lower; it;s not always the case.

Judging by my hydraulic jack, my Prius is the lowers of all my cars and it's only because on the special OEM lip and rockers. Once I pass the edges, there is a lot of clearance under the driver seat. My Civic STD '89 and Suzuki Swift Sport '98 has 4.5" under the driver seat. My Toyota Echo TRD has 4" and my Prius is close to 5". Under the rocker, the Civic and Swift was close to 4.5", the Echo and Prius closer to 3.5".

And you guys, who has a normal appearance Prius are complaining to have a front lower facial too low. I have a real OEM front lip who extend the edge of the bumper and making the car lower. Yep, I scrap that lip often on the face of a curb line, not the top.