1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why is there no drain in the windshield well?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRos, Aug 6, 2006.

1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Aug 7 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]299428[/snapback]</div>
    I mean, "left" in accordance with the picture, which was taken, as I was careful to point out, from the outside looking at the passenger side windshield. It's "right" if you are inside the car. Well, you know what I meant!! :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wilco @ Aug 7 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]299442[/snapback]</div>
    Actually -- I've figured out what to do. Just park it the other way round before I wash it (or if it's going to rain). B)

2. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Aug 8 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]299699[/snapback]</div>
    I just went out and looked at my car to see what the fuss is about. I washed my car last Saturday, and I don't recall noticing a problem with water pooling there (and where I live, there's no rain to speak of between March and October, so I haven't had water from that source). I was parked on a level driveway, and I think it drains to the center just fine in those circumstances.

Mebbe I'll change my tune when the rain starts again here. Hmmm, I'm just about to drive to WA, and guess I'm likely to see some rain there, come to think of it!

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Well I understand exactly what you are talking about. I ether get it out with a sponge or just grab the car and shake it upside down. :)

4. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The water should drain at 2 places: there where the windshieldwiper axes go through the black plastic.
    When I wash my car there's where the water disappears.

5. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sho-Bud @ Aug 8 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]299820[/snapback]</div>
    That's right...however, there is no drain on the edge of the passenger side.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ Aug 8 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]299743[/snapback]</div>
    I tried doing that, but after the waxing I gave it the last time, it was too slick to grab! :lol:

6. BobZ

BobZ New Member

My car is brand spanking new and it does the same thing. When you wash the car the area just below the passenger side wiper fills with water. Happens to all of them. That's what he's talking about. Not under the hood. Not in the fresh air intake. It's the area shall we say between the hood and the glass....... :mellow: