1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why is there such hatred towards Israel/Jews?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Well, let's have it out. Since the begining, it seems as if various groups have, literally, tried to wipe out all the Jews.

...and from statements made from the President of Iran, the idea of wiping out an entire people is alive and well.

Why? What is it about Israel and the Jewish community that seems to rub people the wrong way? Or, to be balanced and fair, why is everyone ELSE so bothered by Jews?

Anyone brave enought to "go here"?

I'm really curious to see what people have to say on this...

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

There will always be people who want to hate and kill others. It seems that religion is the best excuse going. :(

3. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Some people will say because Jews killed Christ (of course, that is a stupid argument for Christians because his death was required for eternal life)

Some people will say it is because Jews completely rejected God and he is punishing them for it.

Me, I don't know...of course, I don't really know why anyone HATES anyone else (even I don't know why I get angry enough to be called hateful sometimes)

I take that back, I have not HATED since I was "born again". SO, I think it is because there are so many unsaved persons in the world.

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 3 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]296994[/snapback]</div>
    You go first.

5. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 3 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]297017[/snapback]</div>
    Sure...

I think one of the main factors, is the perception they're "exclusionists". Whereas most religions want you to join them, in this case, you really can't join, you either are or aren't. No one likes it when they can't get into the "club" so to speak...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ Aug 3 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]296998[/snapback]</div>
    Yup. On the most fundamental level, I completely agree. Religion is just a facade, remove it, and people will still want to hate and kill others, it's part of what makes us human... IMO of course...

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 3 2006, 12:53 PM) [snapback]297031[/snapback]</div>
    Do you think you can or cannot become a Jew if you are not born a Jew?

7. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 3 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]297035[/snapback]</div>
    Dude, Sammy Davis became a Jew... Whether or not he was recognized by various sects is another issue all together...

i think the concept is something like you don't actually convert, but rather you were Jewish to begin with... some play on that mechanism...

8. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There's always the jealousy factor.

Dealing with money wasn't a 'Christian' thing to do, so it fell to the Jewish people, who made money off it.

So when you think you're above doing something, but doing that something makes people you think you're above rich, you tend to get bitchy about it. Bitchiness gets passed down, even if you and yours get rich another way while not all Jews managed to be rich...

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 3 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]297047[/snapback]</div>
    Here is a hint dude:
    Being Jewish is not dependant on how others think of you, it is how you regard yourself, it is found from within.
    And there is a conversion process - tends to be long -- and we are not allowed to actively try to convert people -- cant find too many Jewish Missionaries :D

10. davidf

davidf New Member

Hard to say why people specifically target the jews, of course.

I believe that since man showed up on earth, he's had an instinctual need (in very loose terms) to elevate himself or his group/clan to be better than others.

For almost all of man's history (up to a few hundred years ago), we used this as an excuse for slavery. When a war was found, the victors would often enslave the losers (we won the war, so we must be favored by God and they should be slaves). I think that -- among other things -- this satisfied the victor's need to be superior. Heck, that was the excuse for the crusades. I think -- at an individual level -- it's a way of defining yourself and your self-worth.

When you build upon this emotion with large populations, you can get things like the KKK and the nazis. I think Hitler used this emotion to build a powerful force in Germany in the 1930s. Hatred and "we're better than they are" can be a powerful rallying cry (unfortunately).

You can also get positive things from this emotion as well. The root of patriotism is this same emotion. For a current example, why would we be going into Iraq to install a democracy if we didn't feel that it was 'better' than the government they would have chosen themselves (I'm not trying to get into the Iraq argument, just trying to show it's still alive). Likewise, "we're better than them" is the recruitment campaign for terrorist organizations as well. It hits that low-level emotion built into us.

I think that if you don't intentionally break through that instinct and actively admit that you're not better than others (and don't need to be), that that inner drive can come through. I think that, when you're trying to feel superior, you tend to lash out at anyone who is different than you, and jews -- as a somewhat exclusive and perceived-as-favored group -- are an easier target than many.

Unwarranted hatred for the jews isn't the only kind of senseless, baseless hatred out there. Just about any group you can imagine has some method of hitting that "we're better than others" emotion, and has some other group that resents them for it. I'm afraid the jews aren't alone in this.

Trying to find the root reason that people hate jews is futile. If there was a reason and it were resolved, I'm sorry to say the people would just find another reason. It's in man's nature. And until man -- as a whole -- decides to overcome this instinct/emotion, it will be with us.

11. easterlingman

easterlingman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikepaul @ Aug 3 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]297048[/snapback]</div>
    actually, jews have been legally forced into jobs like money lending and tax collecting since the middle ages in europe, and some of those laws were only lifted within the past 100 years. check it out.

12. Loveit

Loveit New Member

It's very simple.

It's because the devil doesn't want anyone to know that God exists.

Now there would be a number of people who would not agree with me but that's okay.

God chooses to bless us through His people the Jews.

The life of the Jew is testament to the fact that God does exist.

Now if God doesn't want to be thought of as non-existant, then He will continue to make sure that the Jew is still in existence, regardless of all the hoopla that is going on in the world today.

History has attested to this very fact. Look back at the number of times when the Jews have survived genocide through out all of history. All the baby boys were murdered by Pharaoh, but Moses escaped. All the baby boys were murdered by Herod, but Jesus escaped.

A lot of Jewish people were murdered during the Holocaust, but still a number of them escaped.

It will always be this way.

It is by God's hand that a remant of the Jewish population will exist soley to attest to the existance of God.

Now if there were no God, then the Jew would have been wiped out a long time ago.

So there is a very mighty Hand dealing with these forces of evil. It's just a matter of time when people wake up to that fact. I only hope that they do it before time as we know it comes to an end.

Just because time comes to an end, doesn't mean that eternity will.

And just because our bodies die, doesn't mean that our spirits die. They will live on forever. It just a person's choice as to where they want to live forever.

13. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Also, God has promised in the book of Genesis that those who bless Israel, He will bless.
    Those that curse Israel, He will curse.

God wants to bless all people and He has chosen to do it through the Jewish people.
    He has chosen them specifically, given them the name "Chosen" because He chooses to reveal Himself and His way(s) of doing things through these people.

But then, when Jesus was born, God became flesh & lived among men so that we would know how to live with one another.

God is not a man that He would lie, or say one thing and do another.

Therefore, even after the birth of His Son Jesus, He would not break His covenant with the Jewish people.

So there is definitely a plan that God has in mind for all people, to follow after Him.

14. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Satan hates the Jews because they were chosen by God and believed in Him. Is there any other reason that makes sense even if this doen not because you don't believe in God? What have the Jews done on a secular/religious level that others have not done in triplicate?

Wildkow

p.s. God rejected them as the means to bring Himself out to all nations. He still loves them and keeps all His promises as well as prophecies.

15. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's a cliche for many that Jews are "pushy", which some have inflated to "obnoxious" and "grasping". Although some of this has been in connection with the Jews' historical (at times) role as moneylenders, much has not.

IMO, and based on my own experience, many of the Jew I've known (though certainly not all) have come from families which have "endowed" them with a high level of motivation to "succeed", to "achieve". For Jews, depending upon what larger culture they have happened to be part of (e.g., Middle Eastern but under Roman control, Medieval European, Russian, Polish, North African, American, etc., this has meant, variously. strong drives to become lawyers, doctors, rabbis or other "people of learning", businesspeople, performing artists, political leaders---most, in fact, of the occupations non-Jews have taken a hand to,

This drive to achieve has naturally made enemies as Jews have climbed to success via simple envy, often accompanied by suspicion about why they've become successful. For some, the bad feelings have escalated to an irrational hatred, although I personally think a lot of people who have negative feelings towards Jews don't "hate" all or most Jews at all. As in all other cases of interrelationships among identified groups, cultural perceptions are not "all or nothing", translated into "love or hatred". There are all gradients of positive and negative perceptions/feelings, no less as they apply to Jews than to some other groups. This perhaps goes without saying, but I wish to say it anyway.

I personally think the stuff about "Christ-killers" is overblown in the modern world, except among certain "fundamentalist" so-called Christian sects. I think the more common, everyday negative thoughts today stem more from simple jealousy of Jewish achievement.

One can see the same sorts of thoughts in the U.S. since the Vietnam War toward various kinds of Asians, the refugee families of whom, particularly Vietnamese, have stressed academiic achievement in schools across the country. Many Vietnamese (with or without admixture of Chinese ancestry) also traditionally have strong achievement drives. Many also gravitate toward dealing in gold and other metals, and in private business in general There are some parallels with Jews, and the strong respect of many Asians for their domestic cultures have caused many to consider them clannish, too.

Be it known that I have known pushy, obnoxious and grasping Jews. Also, women, gays, African-Americans, "differently-abled", Protestants, agnostics, Swedes and Democrats.

16. prez1

prez1 New Member

"Also, God has promised in the book of Genesis that those who bless Israel, He will bless.
    Those that curse Israel, He will curse."

What does everyone think about the Mel Gibson rant?
    Does he hate Jewish people, or was it just the alcohol talking?

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prez1 @ Aug 3 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]297472[/snapback]</div>
    Alcohol has been used in the past to get people to talk and too say what they really think. He's just part of the Elite Far Left Hollywood Crowd. This will hurt him and it's too bad he's a good actor and a good director.

Wildkow

18. Ken S

Ken S Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(easterlingman @ Aug 3 2006, 03:06 PM) [snapback]297152[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly. In many countries Jews were not allowed to own land (among other things). If you can't own land you have to find other ways to survive.

19. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 4 2006, 01:45 AM) [snapback]297529[/snapback]</div>
    Anything to blame Hollywood and the Left... no matter how ridiculous the argument. He's a lot more conservative than liberal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Gibson#Personal_views

----

Back to topic... a racist gets a false feeling of superiority and importance by putting another ethnicity down. I know because I've had 'not so pleasant' experiences with racists.

20. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 4 2006, 10:11 AM) [snapback]297629[/snapback]</div>
    Funny coming from you.