1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why is there such hatred towards Israel/Jews?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Heh, think whatever you want.

But I'm curious as to what your take is on the Shatila and Shabra massacre?

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 4 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]297635[/snapback]</div>
    A mistake to let the Christian militias get their hands on innocent civilians to seek retribution for prior crimes commited on them. But heck, those "people" always have murder, slavery, death, enslavement on their minds - only one "peope" on the planet responsible for the majority of "evil" today and it is not the Hindu's.

3. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 4 2006, 10:24 AM) [snapback]297639[/snapback]</div>
    Doesn't bother me that you think that way of Muslims and Arabs... I know how people like you think. Close-minded and pig-headed, and when someone attacks your position you circumvent the debate with falsities... I'm used to it :). I rather heavily criticize the IDF and Israeli actions/policies, not their civilians. One of my good friends in high school was Jewish... headed to Israel to become a rabbi... I could go on. I don't have to explain myself... but I say that just in case someone actually accepts your drivel.

There was already a discussion on the massacre... and I have access to a book w/ pictures of the bloody event (and a personal connection to someone who survived it). Elements of the IDF... Sharon's forces... lit the night sky so the Christian militia could see what they were doing... they surrounded the camp and let none of the refugees out... and ensured that the massacre would go on. They were their partners in crime.

Also note that some of the most scathing views of Israeli policies come from Jewish/Israeli people. Noam Chomsky comes to mind, for example.

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 4 2006, 10:38 AM) [snapback]297640[/snapback]</div>
    I do not think that way of all Muslims. I have a good friend who is Muslim. Tough for me, or maybe even you to be pig-headed :D

For the record - the IDF are entirely composed of Israeli civilians - who currently enjoy over 90% approval in their current undertaking to do what should have been done originally.

That might be true - he actually paid a price for that. Name one Muslim massacre (many to choose from) in which they actually punished one of their own. Did they ever catch the guy who beheaded Daniel Pearl and punish him. How about the guy the chopped Paul Berks head off. How about the guys who massacred the American POW's a few weeks ago in Iraq. Or how about the guys that murdered innocent Israeli civilians in the past 40 years - name just ONE instance of a "Palestinian" being punished for killing an Israeli - just one.

Would it not be nice if there were ONE Muslim or Arab Chomsky - go for it too - name one Iranian Chomsky or Syrian Chomsky?

While you are at it you can do a comparitive difference study between Israel and all its neighbors - Amazing how a little tiny country can start with nothing but sand and while being threatened and attacked builds an amazing country - one of the worlds most technologically advanced, open, liberal, modern societies ever - and all by a population of 1/100 of those surrounding her who have advanced not a stones through from the middle ages. I find that amazing - I am sure you do to - How many patents do Israelis hold vs. ALL their neighbors - how many Nobel Prizes, how many medical advances have they made compared to their neighbors -- how is it a tiny country of 6 million can outperform in EVERY category (except homocide bombings and beheadings) the sum total of their neighbors. And they do this while diverting such a large % of their budget and manpower to self-defense - Amazing. Maybe that is why Israel keeps searching for peace by giving back land - war after war.

I think the time has come to knock their neighbors out - for a long long time. They have NO interest in bettering their lives or their childrens (unless you consider suicide bombing a good career path). They receive billions of dollars each year and have done NOTHING with it to help their own people. That is the real crime here.

5. Mirza

Mirza New Member

6. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prez1 @ Aug 3 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]297472[/snapback]</div>
    same same. People speaking through alocholic haze are only speaking their real minds sans inhibitions. The only thing you can ever blame alochol for is freeing you to act and speak as you would like to without the constraints of society keeping you in your place. Nice people are nice even drunk. Mean people are mean drunks.

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Aug 4 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]297702[/snapback]</div>
    In vino veritas - as said b4
    I find those that defend his action in this case interesting to say the least.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Aug 4 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]297702[/snapback]</div>
    In vino veritas - as said b4
    I find those that defend his action in this case interesting to say the least.

8. molgrips

molgrips Member

Dear me there's a lot of prejudice and bigotry on here!

If you'd said Toyotas are rubbish without ever having driven one, you might go round thinking badly of them and not buy one. No big deal.

If you go round thinking badly of millions of people.. This is a really bad thing. So show some intelligence and empathy for crying out loud.

The thread's full of 'these people/those people' talk, which is brainless tbh, and we even dipped into 'my country's better than yours' for a while...!

Wasn't it okay for people in America to hate the Japanese during WWII? Aren't we all driving Toyotas now as an example of what technology can achieve? Either things change really quickly or this whole 'we achieved more than you so ner ner' is bloody stupid.

Some people have a totally peaceful life living on a mountainside farming goats. That sounds like as much of an achievement as building snow in the desert. Sure as hell wastes a lot less energy!

9. darkecho

darkecho New Member

I don't think that everyone hates jews.. I believe that the U.S. giving away land that belonged to other populations in the east to the Jews who were escaping the holocaust was a major cause to the problem. Not only does everyone hate everyone else because of conflicting beliefs, but now you have taken land from one ground and given it to a group they hate. it like taking one childs food and giving it to another child and expecting them to play nice now..

they have been waging war over the land for a very long time. I hear things like "Don't be Jewish" or "Your so Gay". Those types of comments I believ are rooted in our very Christian society, and because Jews and Gays are non-christian things, Christians some how manage to make those words into insults.

I belive that if you were actually able to remove religion from the face of the earth, and cleanse the minds of every human, you would reduce the amount of death and suffering significantly.

I have no issue with people who have morals/ethics/beliefs/spirituality. But I feel that organized religion is the words disease every to come upond human kind. Organized religion leads to mass killings in the names of gods.

I agree that we have an instinctual need to be superior, but we have evolved to the point where we can control ourselve very well, and we can suppress the primal urges that we no longer need to survive. we can use our brains now, we dont need those animal-programs that have been deeply ingrained in our heads. but religion is one of those things that is holding us back.

anything that promoted seperation among humans is going to lead to violence against other groups. Just like someone mentioned, its very easy to rile people up in a group by down talking another group and going over the dominate it. why do you think Sports are so @$&*ing popular.

I rencently looked up "lynching" on google and saw some of the saddest images. There is one photo in particular that displays two black men hung from a tree with tattered clothes, and a bunch of white people beneath them, appearing to be laughing and talking as if it were a modern day party. I was disgusted

If God does exist, then Humans are by far his worst creation. The sooner our species wipes itself out (probably in the near future when somebody with nukes gets a little hot headed) the sooner the earth can start repairing itself from our malevolent hands.

I agree with this: Whatever weapons are used to wage world war 3, we will be using sticks and stones to fight world war 4...

10. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darkecho @ Aug 11 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]301630[/snapback]</div>
    Here's the ACTUAL history of the foundng of the Jewish state:

Link for all the story is Historical Background and Chronology

11. ginostef

ginostef New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 4 2006, 10:11 AM) [snapback]297629[/snapback]</div>
    From the beginning of time - all wars have been based on religious differences take to the extreme. That is all there is to say about it. It isn't about Jews, or persecution of any one religion. They seem to be the most prevalent because of the holocaust - one man singling out a race and a religion for extinction. The Christians (I'm one of them) singled out the Muslims for extinction in the Holy Wars - and on and on.

This is not the place for religious discussions. Let's get back to the Prius and stay there. There are enough places to go chat about what this religion or race has over the other and why, if that is worthy of your time.

Bottom line - treat others as you would like to be treated and this will be a better world for our children.

Back to the Prius please.

Cya -

12. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginostef @ Aug 20 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]306420[/snapback]</div>
    What about the Spanish Inquisition and the Pogroms?

May I direct your attention to PriusChat Off Topic Guidelines?

13. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 21 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]306632[/snapback]</div>
    Or these