1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why kill the solar industry?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by pilotgrrl, Jan 22, 2018.

1. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    China is where most solar panels are made. Japan right behind. It’s a massive industry.
    Ever go on alibaba and look up solar panels?

We really just dabble in solar mostly because we can’t see 10 years down the road. Why should we everything’s Always been ok. We really don’t see global warming signs here other than crazy storms.
    Trump is in coal and oils pockets. Scratch that he is owned outright by oil.

We had a top ceo of Exxon as SOS lol. No political experience whatsoever
    other than he signed the ROSNEFT agreement with Putin. That was going to be the biggest oil exploration
    Ever. Worlds biggest oil discovery in the Black Sea. Obama killed that deal with sanctions. Next thing we know Tillerson is in the White House and trump is trying to kill the Russian sanctions. Gee I can’t figure that one out.

Exxon basicly put a desk in the White House so yeah we don’t like solar panels in the good ole USA.

So killing the solar industry in the US is Trumps aim. No such thing as global warming. Just ask Fox News.

pilotgrrl, bisco and Andyprius1 like this.
  2. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    True, possibly the erase function.

3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After this much time I usually nicely ask @Tideland Prius to fix.

We are referring to the multiple quotes in post 27.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  5. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I call tRump the orange Sun King. "Apres lui, le deluge!"

My apartment complex is installing new toilets to save water. I will suggest gas water heaters that heat water on demand. That would save money on gas. I'd like to suggest EV chargers and solar panels on roofs, but I think the cost would be prohibited.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

RCO likes this.
  6. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Demand water heaters have fairly limited savings potential, because they eliminate only the standby storage loss, and modern water heaters have already considerably shaved this loss. They don't actually heat the water (initially, before the storage time) any more efficiently than a regular water heater. And their 'savings' will be defeated if anyone makes use of the 'endless hot water' feature.

Heat pump water heaters really do heat the water much more efficiently than do regular heaters. Their primary downside is slow recovery (or re-heat) time, so are more likely to run cold during times of high demand.

RCO likes this.