1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why Prius suits us better than the Volt

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by KeinoDoggy, Mar 27, 2016.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great, i hope it stays that way.

2. GaryHere

GaryHere Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have had 3 Volts and have a Prius Gen3 and a Prius C

The Volt blows away the Prii in power, handling, steering, road noise, stereo

Its night and day from a Prius C, cant even do a comparison there

The Volt negs are plugging it in somewhere to charge it, we sold them cause we are no longer home owners so couldnt plug it in and used the ICE only which defeats the entire purpose of owning a Volt

Now in terms of MPG, the Volt sucks on ICE only, avg about 32PMPG

The Volt MPG after exhausting the battery from noting it many times is equal to the Prius at about 90 miles traveled so anything less than that the Volt would win on MPG and obviously anything more than that the Prius would win

3. herqulees

herqulees Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One thing kept me away from even looking at a Volt. There isn't a rule yet but I'm sure after acquiring one my apartment complex would add a rule saying no 200ft extension cords running from second story balconies to cars in the lot. If it wasn't for that issue the range would be perfect for my fiancee's daily commute.

4. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    EV would only work for me if I used it as a dedicated car to remain at my weekend places. Often the hybrids do something for the office in the day and then are used Thursday or Friday to get to the house.