1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why the nasty replies?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by GreenGuy33, Jan 2, 2010.

1. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't have an answer to that one Bra... especially about a car questions responses gone awry...

I do know there is a lot of useful data here, and quite a few folks with spot-on intel on how to keep this little car running well, and how to find something you may not know what it is, or why it's there.

For the record... I am a bit of a prick... but I keep it in here and the FHOPol section... I agree, car questions should be with fewer smart-assed remarks.

1 person likes this.
  2. octavia

octavia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    *laughing hysterically*

Could not help myself with the "thanks" on that post Ammo... Just could not help it. ;)

From now until eternity every time I disagree with you I can just pull this little gem out of my hat.

Muhhhaaahaaah

2 people like this.
  3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Also, since you quoted him, we can always come back to this thread to find it. :madgrin:

1 person likes this.
  4. amm0bob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

Well Sis, and Bra... Facts are facts... :nod: and :argue: about it ain't gonna change the facts, are they.

My own dear Mother in Ohio calls me a F'n Prick... she knows me quite well, and believes it is an inherited trait from her only husband/my father...

I kinda think it's a learned behavior myself... but, as a prick, I would probably say that anyways, right... :D

Happy New Year

5. amm0bob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

Oh... I didn't address this specifically but... your gonna need a bigger hat Sis...

Certainly not because of anything "physically" attributable to me, but... because, I suspect, you'll have a number of other things you'll need to bring up regarding the "varied personas" resident on this forum... :D

6. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The LAST thing a troller is going to do is say much about himself or what he drives - it's a lot easier to troll being a stranger and weaving all kinds of lies.

So when I meet someone that acts like a troll I ask them that dreaded interview question:

"Tell me about yourself" :p

7. Gasitman

Gasitman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

My first post got met with hostility on here, but one of the admins sent me a pm about what had transposed a few days earlier. So I understood it, but people were real quick on the trigger and asking so many questions of me that I really had no answer because I had only had the car for about 3 months prior and do not know alot about it, and still don't. Car is way to technical, and to some, if you do not know alot about it, you come off as a troll, which I think some on here should lighten up a bit, not everyone on here is trying to piss in your Cheerios.

8. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Better to be a bit of a prick than to have a bit of a prick.

On second thought, I shouldn't have put "<snip>"s in a quote relating to pricks. What was I thinking of? :eek:

Tom

1 person likes this.
  9. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I never saw your intro.

It's not reasonable to expect a n00b to have lots of information, but neither is it necessary to look honest - don't have to be an expert.

The troll profile is attack, attack, attack, saying virtually nothing about themselves, or what little they say is whatever lie promotes their bait. Even the more sophisticated troller posts only to disrupt, even if more subtle. That would not seem like you.

Serial trolls are to forums like al-Queda is to airport security - a few of them can draw suspicion on many others. How hard-core? Lurking around two weeks after being banned. One rejoined as a sock-puppet over a dozen times, then invited a couple dozen from a rogue off-roading forum to attack.

As I said earlier, an introduction before getting down to business can make forum members feel at ease.

10. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :welcome:I have way too many cars and have to say this is one of the nicest forums ever...Try owning a mac :)

11. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I owned a Mac from 1985 to 2009, and in 2009 I got a Prius.

So far, it involves less ridicule and hate, but the same amount of explaining.

12. gail54

gail54 Gail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I agree with you completely. When I read the reply I wanted to send an apology note even though it didn't come frome me.
    I think it's great that you are able to speak your voice with kindness - kindness is contagious - thank you

1 person likes this.
  13. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    But all that ever comes out is cheap jokes. :p

1 person likes this.
  14. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There is another flavor of nasty - those that somehow think they are cool doing it...in their own minds:

the greater the smart a$$, the higher the IQ

Stangely, they get very annoyed when they receive their own treatment. ;)

15. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Prii and Macs are cooler than the people who criticise them without knowing what they're talking about.

16. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  17. lunabelgium

lunabelgium Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am of agreement with you. An iMac + a Prius in 2009

1 person likes this.
  18. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I read it also and don't see any nastiness, #3 must be nasty to you, thin skin I guess
    Also the moderators would have deleted any post they felt inappropriate, or off color or off subject, it's great:)yuck:) if anything gets posted that they don't agree with it's immediately deleted, so what's the problem?
    Anyway, my 06 was terrible when new, added the underbody stiffening bar and the front shock tower bar and the over sized rear sway bar and the car is just like a normal car now.(a normal car with almost zero body roll), almost forgot about getting real tyres on the car, very important...

19. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Perhaps this has been covered, but some new posters come onto PC seeking answers, and then immediately dismiss the given advice, sometimes in a rather perfunctory and snotty manner. I have a hard time suffering fools, but when they are rude, nasty fools it's almost more than I can take. Generally, when this happens, I walk away and let someone else beat them up.

Tom

20. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Jayman? :madgrin: