1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why would anyone Own a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Gwest, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    See my bold statements.

2. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Whether any individual dealer is planning on ordering any of those cars (they don't really have a choice by the way, the manufacturer assigns what they ship to the dealers. They can put in requests and those requests are honored in a first come first serve basis depending on sales volume and on quality survey results) doesn't really matter. Lexus has listed it on their build a car feature on the website...which means they are going to build them and ship them.

I'm going to ignore you being a dickhead and just talk to you like a normal person.

Yes, the APCS in the current LS is more than simply pre-collision, but that wasn't the case in 2006, it didn't debut until 2008 in the 600h. Mercedes first PCS system came out in 2002, years before it did on the Lexus (2006). Right now a slew of automakers offer a system exactly like the APCS on the LS.

I don't know enough about car audio to know. I can tell you the end result is nothing spectacular compared with other high end systems in other luxury cars.

I certainly credit Lexus with having the first 8 speed automatic transmission.

Look, I'm not saying there is no innovation, there certainly is. However, what Lexus tends to do is take ideas that have already been pioneered by other companies and then refine them and add to them in their own cars. They didn't invent PCS...Mercedes did...They didn't invent LKA...Nissan did.

They've stopped offering them...thats exactly my point.

Because they massively overestimated the appeal of the HS. They thought they were going to make plenty of money on the ATP, hence why many of the early cars shipped had ATP. However...when those cars just sat on the dealer's lots...they made a course correction.

3. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Haha, i hit a sensitive nerve there with your ever-changing Lexus experience! :D I can't wait what you will say next week about your proud Lexus credentials!

Did Mercedes have APCS before 2008?

I noticed that you went silent with KDSS question...hmmm, you seemed so confident in your previous post!! Cat got your tongue? Do you even know what makes KDSS so special??? Yeah, i am sure that you going to run to your Lexus website and read up on it...so, name me another vehicle from another brand with KDSS.

As for your car audio experience...if you don't know, then you should not comment!! If you don't know, then how do you know that it is not any better than the other luxury cars???? Confused there about what you wrote!!

There is a very good reason why Lexus/ML went this route over the lesser competition.

You did not credit Lexus with the 8-speed auto when i first wrote it...missed that one, did ya?! :D

From my seat, you can still get ATP in HS...just as you can get PCS/DRCC in the CT...via special ordering. If you seem so confident that Lexus builds CTs with PCS and LED and are currently shipping to local dealers (without special orders), then why are you afraid to call?? Of course, if you do call, then please post the dealer name and phone number...and who you talked to.

4. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hahaha...right...I'm "afraid" to call, and I'm going to call a dealer and then give you my contact at that dealer so you can follow up behind me and make sure I'm not lying to you about the equipment availability on some car? And *I'm* the one who has to get over myself?

Get a life.

5. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hey, i am not the one who is lying about your Lexus credentials...just wanna make sure. Offended?

6. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Right...I'm lying about having owned Lexus vehicles since 1998. My life is so small I have nothing to do but come to a forum and lie about having owned vehicles that are not even the topic of the forum.

Am I offended? No, I simply am not going to spend my Saturday sitting here having this childish argument with you any longer. If you want to discuss these vehicles respectfully I am more than happy to do that, thats why I participate in car forums...but the couple of people who have PM'ed me and told me that attempting to have any sort of conversation with you is pointless, because there isn't any room in any thread you participate in for anybody's viewpoint but your own are right.

Waste of time.

7. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Lame. :rolleyes: When the Lexus "expert" gets things wrong, he cries foul...how pathetic....

8. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You can believe whatever you want, but if a discussion with you wouldn't involve you calling me names and things like "pathetic", I'd be happy to have it. My goal is to have a discussion about a topic I'm passionate about, your goal is to belittle and discredit anybody who disagrees with you by any means necessary...those goals aren't compatible.

So, best of luck to you by my involvement in any kind of discussion with you about any topic whatsoever is over.

And I know you won't be able to stand not responding to this with some nasty little retort calling me a name or otherwise trying to put me down...makes you look small...not me.

9. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You're a sensitive one, aren't you? Just because i asked for verification on something, you get all girly on me. :rolleyes: You have my questions in the above post...i don't really care either way whether you answer it or not...because you are wrong, whether your ego will let you admit it or not.

Have a good afternoon...and yeah, next time, get your facts (and self-proclaimed credentials!) straight before attempting to show off your knowledge.... ;)

10. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There it was!

11. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Steve, when I buy my next car (Lexus) in 10 years I'm coming to you for help. I dont know how old you are but all I'm saying is you better be around.

12. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I hope I'll still be around in 10 years LOL

13. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Oh...and just for grins, Lexus of Rockville has one CT on its lot right now with DRCC and LED lights, out of 2 available vehicles total. So thats 50% of their inventory. Not a special order because it wouldn't show in their available inventory online. Its that nasty earwax color which is why its not sold I bet.

Lexus of Silver Spring has one CT showing in its inventory...and it has DRCC and LED lights.

You don't need to call...just build one online and check the dealer inventory pool.

This highlights a difference though. When I put in a Dallas, TX zip code I cannot select the DRCC or PCS in Thai's region on Lexus' online configurator. When I put in a Los Angeles, CA zip code...I can option the car with DRCC and PCS again. So in his region its a special order...in my region and on the west coast it is not.

Try it for yourself Thai, go to lexus.com and configure a CT Premium in your zip code. Then do it in my zip code (20878) and do Beverly Hills (90210). You'll see that you have to special order DRCC and PCS in your region, but not the east or west coasts. You can hit the Vehicle Inventory Pool button and see the cars sitting on the dealers lots in my region and in CA with DRCC as standard inventory from the factory.

Can't wait to see how you explain that away.

14. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ok...so, it is special order in my area and not yours? Still, why does Lexus limit what the CT gets? As i pointed it out to you, there are ES with PCS and HS with ATP...sure, rare, but they are out there.

And you still have no answered my previous posts...still running away from it, huh? Should have kept quiet Steve....

15. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    See, this is the issue.

This quote I will discuss all day long:

This is a discussion about what technologies Lexus chose not to make available on the CT, and why they chose not to. I've given you my opinion of why they did not, why do you think they didn't?

Again...my opinion is that they were under tremendous pressure to deliver the CT at a price, and in order to deliver it at that price they had to leave certain items out of the vehicle's design and development, and LKA and IPA were two of those things. They looked at the car's competitors and the features they offered, they looked at the target demographic and the technology they felt was likely to be important to those buyers, they looked at sales performance of other highly option packaged cars like the HS and ES, and they left it off.

Now...this is where you tell me why you think they left it off...not call me names and insult my intelligence. Thats how a discussion amongst peers works.

This quote on the other hand:

I will not respond to or discuss, because this is not a statement an adult respectfully makes to their peer in a mature discussion about a common interest.

If you have specific things you'd like to get my opinions on feel free to post them in a mature manner, free from childish insults and baiting and I'll be happy to discuss them. I will not however take your flamebait.

As for me "keeping quiet"...you're right...I shouldn't even have this discussion with you because its going to turn out like all the other discussions I and everyone else on this forum have ever had with you. I am trying my best here to have a mature conversation with you...but you gotta meet me half way.

16. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Same old Steve....

17. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    LOL! Its your choice.