1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wife customized her Prius instantly!

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by jerrymildred, Dec 2, 2021.

1. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    She's looks great! My deer cracked my windshield so they had to get one from Toyota and they must've had to remove the dashboard cover because, now, it lifts up just a little on the ends of it and I just keep mashing it back down. (It doesn't come up far, maybe 1/3rd of an inch but it's noticeable to an engineers eyes!)
    We finally got a sizable amount of snow and ice a few days ago so I took the AWD to the steepest hill we have and tested her out...the AWD engaged great when the front wheels started slipping.

pilotgrrl and jerrymildred like this.
  2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry about the dash issue. I've had both our dashes off. There's a plastic tab over on the passenger side that sticks straight down and holds down that part of the dash. I cracked that tab on one of our cars. (I think it was mine since it was first and I was learning.) If I have to take it off again, it'll probably break completely off. I'm guessing that's what happened to yours.

The week before Christmas, we came this close to hitting a deer and having both cars in the shop. (I had linked it in another thread, but here it is again since it fits so well.)

3. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yikes....so glad you missed him...they come out of nowhere, don't there? I'm, still, a little gun shy and nervous driving the Prius to work...keep remembering hitting that deer. So just driving slower than normal and I no longer use the cruise control in the deer areas (which is most of the commute.)

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yikes is right! It was hidden in that oncoming car's headlights until it was too late to do anything. Incredible how fast it happened even coming from the left. on a four-lane with a median.