1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wife scratched inside plastic piece on driver side front door surrounding power window buttons!

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dfine1966, Aug 15, 2012.

1. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    My wife came home today and asked me to take a look at something on her brand new 1 month old Prius V 5. I asked her was there something wrong with her car. Of course she told me no, everything is fine. She opens up the driver side front car door, (she has a Barcelona Red V with Bisque faux leather interior) and points out some small scratches on the plastic silver/gray plastic piece that surrounds the power window buttons. It looks like while she was driving she probably put her hand on that area with her wedding band and diamond most likely scratching the area. This is only a guess at what caused it. I can't believe something as placing your hand down would scratch it that easily. That area probably shouldn't be plastic or should of been protected a little better.

My question to everyone here, is if there is a way to touch up the plastic so it looks almost new. Or should I just leave it alone, or even ask the dealer to replace it or touch it up themselves. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It's going to happen again, so I wouldn't worry about it.

3. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Try some plastic polish with a soft cloth. Mine got scratched at the body shop when my door was replaced by the gorillas there. Meguiar's Plastic Polish mad mine look good as new, almost.

4. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Than
    Thanks, I will try it out. By the way which Meguiar's Plastic Polish. There are different types. There is the mirror glaze for clear plastic. There is Meguiar's Plast-X Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish.

5. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Not the one for clear plastic. Actually, I just found my bottle in the garage, it is called Meguiar's Ultimate Compound.

6. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Park in a WalMart parking lot a few times.
    Two or three door dings later?
    You won't even notice the scratches on the interior trim piece. ;)

El Cuajinais likes this.
  7. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Haha ETC, you are funny.