1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will 86110-47230 work instead of 86110-47081?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by babubhai, Aug 22, 2017.

1. babubhai

babubhai Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello friends,

I am experiencing a weird issue on my 2005 Prius Base w/Smartkey. Here's what I currently have in my Prius MFD # 86110-47081 and my Stereo is 51807 (non mp3/wma).

I recently purchased a Pure Bluetooth Car Kit from GTA Car Kits. After I installed everything together, this is what's happening intermittently. There are times when I start my car, I will see the message on my MFD "Audio Off". And then I press the Disc button once, the CD Player starts working, when I press the Disc button again to enable the Pure Bluetooth, it doesn't detect it, although the Pure Bluetooth is on because when I try to take a call my iPhone 6 Plus shows iPhone, Bluetooth & Speaker. So it's detecting the car kit and sending the audio there, but my Radio doesn't seem to detect it.

The only workaround I have found to make the PureBluetooth work is: as soon as I start the car and the Prius logo shows up on MFD, I must press the Disc button a few times and then the PureBluetooth Kit is detected.

First, I went through GTA Car Kit, they were nice enough to send me a brand new car kit, I replaced it and got the same symptom.

Then I purchased another radio that was tested pulled from another Prius. I got the same result.

Someone recommended changing the MFD as MFD has control over the radio and other stuff. I was unable to find the same part number 86110-47081 in my local junkyards. I found 86110-47230 (with the backup camera option for 06-09).

When I tried hooking that up, my radio worked as I was able to hear the FM/AM and Disc, but the screen was blank.

My question is, will 86110-47230 work in place of 86110-47081 for atleast the normal functions? I don't have Backup Camera harness nor I am planning to add one.

Also, has anyone experienced the problem where Radio shows Audio Off especially when you have a Bluetooth Kit connected to your Radio?

2. babubhai

babubhai Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello friends,

I am experiencing a weird issue on my 2005 Prius Base w/Smartkey. Here's what I currently have in my Prius MFD # 86110-47081 and my Stereo is 51807 (non mp3/wma).

I recently purchased a Pure Bluetooth Car Kit from GTA Car Kits. After I installed everything together, this is what's happening intermittently. There are times when I start my car, I will see the message on my MFD "Audio Off". And then I press the Disc button once, the CD Player starts working, when I press the Disc button again to enable the Pure Bluetooth, it doesn't detect it, although the Pure Bluetooth is on because when I try to take a call my iPhone 6 Plus shows iPhone, Bluetooth & Speaker. So it's detecting the car kit and sending the audio there, but my Radio doesn't seem to detect it.

The only workaround I have found to make the PureBluetooth work is: as soon as I start the car and the Prius logo shows up on MFD, I must press the Disc button a few times and then the PureBluetooth Kit is detected.

First, I went through GTA Car Kit, they were nice enough to send me a brand new car kit, I replaced it and got the same symptom.

Then I purchased another radio that was tested pulled from another Prius. I got the same result.

Someone recommended changing the MFD as MFD has control over the radio and other stuff. I was unable to find the same part number 86110-47081 in my local junkyards. I found 86110-47230 (with the backup camera option for 06-09).

When I tried hooking that up, my radio worked as I was able to hear the FM/AM and Disc, but the screen was blank.

My question is, will 86110-47230 work in place of 86110-47081 for atleast the normal functions? I don't have Backup Camera harness nor I am planning to add one.

Also, has anyone experienced the problem where Radio shows Audio Off especially when you have a Bluetooth Kit connected to your Radio?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i reported this duplicate thread for you.(y)

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i asked the mods to move this to audio and electronics if appropriate.

5. triollie

triollie New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Babubhai, I had a similar problem as you recently. I just bought a 2005 Prius, with Radio 51807 and got the Pure Bluetooth adapter from GTA Carkits. My issue was that sometimes when the car started and I pushed "DISC", it would show a "DVD" Player screen, other times it would show the CD Changer - but once I was stuck in the DVD screen, I couldn't get back to the CD Changer. In both scenarios, my phone would still connect to the GTA Car Kit. They were pretty helpful, but I ultimately couldn't get it to work. I ended up getting another brand off Amazon that worked more consistently.

kenoarto likes this.
  6. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What other brand did you buy? Have you found a reliable , static free FM station?

7. triollie

triollie New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it was this one from Amazon made by Apps2Car

I did try the FM route, but I couldn't find a reliable FM station as I drive from New York to Virginia pretty regularly and one station wouldn't work through the entire trip.

kenoarto likes this.
  8. babubhai

babubhai Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Bisco - I had posted this on Audio forum and never got any response. That's why I posted it on the other 2 forums to see if I can get an answer.

bisco likes this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    gotcha!(y)

10. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Probably a communications/timing issue between the MDF and the kit during bootup. The MDF polls for all devices connected to it when it starts. Seems the kit emulates the DVD player. If the MDF gets a bad report during bootup, it sticks with its inventory until next bootup.
    There's a sequence of key presses to get to the MDF diagnostics which will show you it's inventory.
    I seem to recall too that the radio and MDF only have so many inputs so you can get only do many different devices.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

11. ITBland

ITBland Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My question is, will 86110-47230 work in place of 86110-47081 for at least the normal functions?
    The answer is YES, see the other copy of this thread: