1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will al-Qaeda Follow Us Home?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Nov 2, 2006.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Nov 4 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]343797[/snapback]</div>
    Oh gosh, I guess I better watch my back when I go to work on Monday then, because they're everywhere where I work. I always thought my co-workers and neighbors were peaceful people. Little did I know they actually have it in for me! :blink:

You better watch your back too... how do you know this Shafi guy isn't really a (gasp) TERRORIST!!!!!

I'm not buying the "sleeper cell" theory. With all the torturing and wiretapping going on you'd think we would have caught somebody by now. All we can seem to be able to do is arrest people for taking movies at Disneyland. :rolleyes:

Fox News: FBI Can't Find Sleeper Cells

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 4 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]343816[/snapback]</div>
    "Oh Poo poo" was what folks in Denmark (I believe that's where it was) thought not too long ago. The media made a cartoon of Mohamed with his turbin wraped around a bomb / fuse on the top. next thing you know? Lots of Denmark (or where ever) muslim imagrants (as well as from other Eurapean countries) making threats to kill and blow up any / all who are responsible. When pastors, and priests or the local rabi are made fun of in the media, you don't see / hear that kind of junk. As for sleeper cells? I don't know. I would have never thought it possible prior to 911. Then again, I'd have never thought Timothy Mc Vey would blow up a federal building. All it takes is one nut. But Islam is not one nut ... it's the largest religion in the world. Recent survery show the most common name in the WORLD? Mohamed.

But maybe I'm not reading the news corectly ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3974179.stm

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8...1541776,00.html

http://www.hyscience.com/archives/2005/12/...mists_worki.php

http://www.acepilots.com/mt/2006/02/03/moh...cartoon-update/

Ok lets all go stick our heads back in the sand ... everything is fine. sigh

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Nov 4 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]343986[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, ok that PROVES it. I'm wearing a bullet-proof vest to work on Monday!

I don't guess it would help any if I found some news articles about non-Muslims reeking havoc and terror upon innocents.... nevermind, I'm sure I couldn't find ANY because the Muslims have a lock on that gig.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 5 2006, 12:43 AM) [snapback]344000[/snapback]</div>
    Wear a vest ... or don't wear a vest. Mock those who prepped for Katrina ... make fun of folks in tornado alley for having a storm shelter. If one choose to wear a helmet riding a bike, they have assesed the risk according to their understanding.

As for articles about non-Muslim's wrongdoing? Let me follow that logic to it's conclusion. I have done bad, so it's ok if the rest of the world does bad ... and we all ought not talk about it. Al-Qaeda was the thread, but it's wrong to talk about it. Got it.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Nov 5 2006, 02:21 AM) [snapback]344033[/snapback]</div>
    What you've done is take the actions of a few radicals and attributed them to an entire religion. It's as silly as saying that all Christians are evil child-killers because of what Andrea Yates did. Being prepared for a real threat is one thing. Over-reacting and misplacing blame is another.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 5 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]344088[/snapback]</div>
    Now we agree!
    Yes, it's only a "few" radicals. Lets see ... world population 5 billion + ... largeest religion ... over 3 billion muslims ... 1/2 are adults ... 1/3 between ages 15 - 45 (three hundred million) ... say only 1% are crazy radical ... heck say only ONE HALF of one per cent ... Yep ... just a few radicals.

As for Ms Yates? ... now THAT's a low percentage group. For her? No flak jaket required.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Nov 5 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]344102[/snapback]</div>
    If what you're trying to say is that only a VERY small percentage of Muslims are radicals, just as in any other religion, or populace, and that the vast majority are peaceful, then yes, I guess we're coming to an agreement.

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sometimes normally nonviolent people are incited to violence when confronted by a disproportionately stronger adversary; I believe it to be a form of self preservation.