1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will Christian Evangelists forego promising treatment derived from embryonic stem cell research?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Aug 27, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 30 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]504393[/snapback]</div>
    So you feel like you need for some apology for a character attack after attacking me saying that I should be banned from medicine after hearing a 3 sentence blurb on a case where I had very little to do with the patient's outcome?

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 29 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]504165[/snapback]</div>
    Experimentation is done on live human beings all the time it's the manner in which it is done which is in question. But you knew that didn't you? ;)

Wildkow

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 30 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]504430[/snapback]</div>
    It’s called an opinion and by asking if you were the physician or not in this case makes it abundantly clear it was not a personal attack. Good grief get rid of those “tighty whities†I think they are restricting the blood flow to your brain. :lol:

Wildkow

p.s. BTW AirPortKid, while an atheist just like three of my best friends is still miles beyound you in character and civility. He merits an apology because he shows respect to me even though he disagrees with my beliefs and view points. You on the other hand are so consumed by anger and hate that I doubt you respect even yourself, I will pray for you.

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 30 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]504356[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 30 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]504417[/snapback]</div>
    So, you will accept treatment from those who you bad mouth at every opportunity you come upon? Hmmmmmm.

And if you just so happen to not be able to pay for your emergency medical treatment at a not for profit religious based hospital, do you think the government should step in and reimburse them for your bill? Do you not consider that a violation of the separation of church and state?

Would you ever consider donating money to a religious based hospital out of gratitude for saving your life?

[this tap dance ought to be good :p ]

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So people can't have an opinions on your character without attacking it? You're the one seeking some sort of recourse for "attacks". I on the other hand don't give a rat's turd about your opinion. I don't seek your apology, just pointing out the hypocrisy in your statements.
    Yes you are.

What is it with your fixation with underwear by the way? You sound like a closeted gay christian ala Larry Craig? Come out of the closet already. Life will be much better for you if you respect who you really are instead of hiding it.

6. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't bad mouth people in the scientifically based medical profession. I'll certainly roll my eyes in regards to their act of believing in imaginary Gods, and will certainly hold in contempt their attempt to push these religious dogmas into public policy. If they do it in private, fine, but I still find it as delusional as believing in Santa Claus.

We as the public do pay for it. The fact that religious entities don't have to pay taxes yet benefit from all the goods and services taxes pay for, this is the least they should do. Do not churches enjoy the umbrella of protection of the military, firemen, police; do people who work for the church benefit from the use of roads, stop signs, do any of their children go to schools, etc... It's funny when christian conservatives show their racist attitudes by claiming that illegals free load off the system, but turn a blind eye when their churches free load just as much

Ta da dump.

7. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 29 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]504165[/snapback]</div>
    I think viability is a rational argument (I disagree, but its rational and can be argued effectively, I think). I prefer brain activity and the higher nervous functions, because that's when pain is an issue for the fetus. There's really no reason to have elective abortions past the first two months.

I agree with you on the status of a fertilized egg / blastocysts: it is not yet human. I'm saddened that it will never be human, but the selfishness of couples who create fertilized eggs merely to satisfy their own urges, when there are children that can be adopted, has created a situation where these tens of thousands of potential humans have been created and are destined to be destroyed. Given a choice in my blastocyst stage, and assuming I had self-awareness and a soul that makes us human, I would rather my frozen existence have some meaning. As it is, they are simply wasted and thrown away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 30 2007, 01:12 PM) [snapback]504481[/snapback]</div>
    They do pay taxes on many activities, if commercial in nature. The tax incentives they get for charitable activities are open to any charity, including secular ones like PETA, Greenpeace, the NRA, and the Boy Scouts.

8. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "I'd rather hear if burritos and the other rabid atheists here in FHOP "
    "You on the other hand are so consumed by anger and hate that I doubt you respect even yourself, I will pray for you."

You are correct that Burritos has too much hate, but to apply the "rabid" label to others, is a mistake and way out of line. You are no better in your intolerance than he (see below).

"Q2) Well what if I was an atheist? In that case I would toss the stranger off the bridge and with great glee if he was a Christian. Now if the five fellows below were also Christian and I was an atheist I would try to nail as many of the five below with the stranger so that the train would not derail. After all trains are quite expensive and besides it’s a long walk back to town.

Wildkow"

How very Christian of you. As the most outspoken Christian on the board, you sure are rabid. Luckily most of us understand that you are a poor example of Christianity, and we know that most of the Christians here are actually nice, reasonable people that we enjoy talking to.

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Aug 31 2007, 08:03 AM) [snapback]504885[/snapback]</div>
    First, Your beginning sentence which I believe your are attributing to me is someone's else words not mine , get your facts straight. If by chance I did utter them I will stand corrected but I can't find them anywhere on PC.com. Dishonestly manufacturing quotes to personally attack someone should be a banning offense on PC? But since I don’t have that much sought after power, consider your self shunned, sorry that’s the best I can do. :(

Second taking posts so far out of context in order to cast dispersions upon a members good character is a sign of intolerance and anger that I'm sure burrito is proud of you. It should also be a banning offense but once again since I don’t have that power you can now consider yourself doubly shunned! :eek:

Third, Thank you for acknowledging my Christianity. I never said I was perfect or even a good Christian I'm just trying to the best of my ability. Sometimes when jackasses post crap such as yours and burritos they piss me off. If that upsets you then don’t post unsubstantiated, deceitful lies. <_<

God Bless you.

Wildkow