1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will engine lights show up accurately on OBD II scan?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by packtlikesardines, Oct 30, 2017.

1. packtlikesardines

packtlikesardines New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I'm looking into a high mileage 2007 Prius because I need to get out of my damaged, death trap of an Altima. The Prius has the check engine light, ABS, tire pressure light, and a couple others on. The owner recently changed the tires and the tire pressure light is still on so I don't know which lights are actually a cause for concern. I'm going to order an OBD II scanner and use the Carista app as suggested on other threads. I may try out Torque too if you guys thinks it works the same. I don't have money to go get it checked out so I need to know if the readings on the app will just mirror what's on the dash or will show me an accurate reading of what's going on. The owner doesn't know too much about the car because they just recently got it. A dealer sold them a bad Corolla and gave them the Prius as a replacement but they don't want a Prius (god knows why). I've attached a picture of the dash that they provided. I'll be checking out the car this coming Saturday. Any help is welcome.

Attached Files:

2. greasemonkey007

greasemonkey007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You should really think about getting a mini vci with Techstream. That's the same program as the dealerships use. You can read everything. If you already have a laptop, you're only out about $30 or so.
    I'd start out by making sure that the 12V battery is fully charged and functional. You'll get a ton of lights and DTCs if it gets low.

3. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Get a tech stream for the job.
    All lights aren't something to endure.
    Scan the car, and post codes here