1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD fit the stock head unit?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ystasino, Feb 2, 2011.

1. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have searched for an affordable car stereo and come up with the Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD 5.8-Inch In-Dash Touchscreen Double-Din DVD Multimedia A/V Receiver which is very well reviewed on Amazon.

However as it is not stocked by Crutchfield, I am unable to find whether it will fit the Prius and wanted to ask if anyone here has used this unit, how they installed it or if they went to a specialty shop to get it installed.

I mostly listen to internet radio from my phone while driving these days but it would be nice to get better sound from the existing speakers.

Thanks!

2. kathleenlepirate

kathleenlepirate New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it should. I just installed a AVH-3300BT. Check out this post. You'll just need a PAC SWI-PS instead of a PAC SWI-JACK.

3. steelersmobile

steelersmobile New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you post some pics of your install? How does it look in the sun?

Thanks!!

4. kathleenlepirate

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I actually haven't put in the plastic side pieces yet because I'm waiting on an extension cord to loop the iPod cable in the dash, but I wanted to answer your question. Here are two pictures - in the sun. You can see it doesn't look awesome, but generally, it's readable. I haven't had a problem using it at all. I'll post more pictures when I actually get the side pieces in. The screen is offset for the controls on the left, which seems obvious but then it's sort of weird how the screens don't align.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. steelersmobile

steelersmobile New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks looks AWESOME!! I have a AVH-P3200BT on its way. I dont have a prius yet...been trying to buy one for 3 weeks all keep getting sold before I can get to the dealership. Im so excited! I do websecurity (IT)and love techie stuff, I think this car is for me. I will upload some pics once I get a prius and put it in. Love this forum.

6. kathleenlepirate

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Note, I am using a Panavise bracket with a Dice DCR-50 mount for my iPhone on the right (Mount not shown)