1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will/should Akio Toyoda testify before Congress on Toyota's behalf?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by apriusfan, Feb 12, 2010.

1. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Its political. This is the same group of people that thought it is prudent for the ceo of a fortune 500 company to fly coach and spend two whole days in an airport to go somewhere and back.

2. ToyotaFleetManager

ToyotaFleetManager New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota has announced that Akio Toyoda will testify on February 24th.

3. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Everything in business, not to mention politics, is a negotiation. A lot of it is taking a position and then maneuvering. If a low-level Committee chair 'wants' the CEO of Toyota in front of him and the CEO shows up then any Committee chair can demand his presence whenever he or she chooses.

The same goes for any CEO of any major corporation. Notice that they don't get called except once and then only for the most important Committees.

In fact there is no legal requirement for him to show up, except not to do so would appear very bad. However by saying 'No' ( at least at first ) the negotiating stances are set.
    'OK I'll show up but I'm doing this because I want to show up.'

Now the next round of negotiations can take place;
    How long? Questions in advance. Initial statement. Subjects to be covered?