1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will the Real Hybrid Owner Please Stand Up?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    87% of statistics are just made up.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Similar to the whole missing ballots or tricked voter fiasco of the 02 elections... :rolleyes:
    Or Rev. Jessie Jackson publicly telling the black voters Not to vote for Bush because he was going to take away their welfare checks, kick them out of their homes and make them work for a living... :rolleyes:

My favorite was the children working in the factory commercials.... :lol:

And it was all just made up... B)

3. lturner

lturner New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05_SilverPri @ Jun 22 2007, 10:09 AM) [snapback]466290[/snapback]</div>
    I'll chime in here after 'lurking' reading all the posts...

I lean mostly to the right on the issues and bought the Prius when gas hit the $3.50 mark. I drive 30-40k miles per year and my trusty spreadsheet said that the Prius at 50+ mpg was less than the old car payment + gas at 20mpg.

After reading the posts and seeing the prices on used Prii, I figured for once in my life (well since 1985 anyway) I would buy new and enjoy putting the first miles on the car.

Being from the 'demographically challenged' midwest, the skies are generally clear, so the environment was not much of a factor initially. Being able to be green while saving green has a lot of appeal though.

I love the car... Averaging between 48-52mpg. The engineering is amazing, and it is fun to play the 'get the most mileage game' that comes pre-installed on the MFD.

Now if I can get my wife to leave it for me to drive once in a while.... :)

2007 Silver Touring Option Level 6

4. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jun 22 2007, 11:00 AM) [snapback]466352[/snapback]</div>
    According to my sources, it's actually 85%. But who's counting? ;)