1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will these speakers be a simple plug and play?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Pacific Northwest, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hey All,
    I'm looking to do just a simple swap out of BOTH my front and read speakers on my 2012 Prius C level 2
    Will these Kicker 46CSC654 work for that?
    They're 6 1/2" spreakers.
    Will I need adaptor plates?
    Will I need some type of wire adaptor to fit the stock connecter?
    Will the front tweeter need anything or do I have to do something with that to?

Thanks Gang!

Speakers.jpg

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I couldn't tell you about the fit. (but Crutchfield can, they're awesome for that stuff!)

The speaker connectors won't match. They don't need to match; they're just speaker connections. Easy to solder up or add your own connectors.

There is a crossover for the tweeter in the door. You get to decide how you want to integrate it. You can ignore it or include it. Maybe try both and see which sound you like better.

When I did my speakers, I added a set of nice aftermarket tweeters in place of the factory ones

Pacific Northwest likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I believe in the sea your speakers they're six and a half's or six and some change and they're on their own plates that are either riveted to the metal door panel inner itself or they may be screwed on The new ones you're going to put on You're either going to drill a hole and put a plastic fitting and put a plastic a metal wood screw type of thing to hold the new speaker panel on or you're going to use sheet metal screws and screw right into the sheet metal The little hole that's left from the rivet. The Twitter I think can stay I guess in the seas you don't have tweeters mounted up in the windows or on the dash or any of that? If not that should all work your new speakers are probably not going to take the plug that's connected to your factory speakers so you'll probably cut the wires make a note of which wires which for the positive and negatives etc so you don't get phasing of your speakers I don't know what the colors are and what they do for that model so you need to look that up in your schematic other than that you should be good to go but you will need adapter plates they're like you can get them at Walmart even everybody makes them it's the standard Asian car six and a half inch plastic door speaker spacer adapter It has strategically placed holes on it so you can mount it on your inner door panel with the speaker in it and all that it's pretty self-explanatory when you see the plates or if you order them from crutchfield or Amazon it's not too technical.

Pacific Northwest likes this.
  4. Pacific Northwest

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you!
    Called Crutchfield.. they said it will fit not problems.. just order them!

5. Pacific Northwest

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you!
    They should be here next Monday!

6. Pacific Northwest

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just figured out what you meant about the tweeters..
    The new speakers I ordered have tweeters built in.. so like you say, don't connect the old ones or connect them and see what sounds better.

7. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The "placebo effect" not withstanding..............
    Replacing ONLY the speakers likely will accomplish nothing useful except making your wallet lighter.
    No extra volume.
    No extra sound quality that you can notice in a tiny car with lots of road noise.
    But be sure you come back and tell us how WRONG I am and how much you love them.
    :)

8. Pacific Northwest

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This is just what I can do now.. eventually I'll get a new stereo.
    Thanks for your input though!

9. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    OK fine. Your car, your money.

I wouldn't put TOO much into a 10 year old vehicle though.

The new speakers should "match" the new amp........so buying them at different times sometimes is not a good plan.

Good luck.

10. Pacific Northwest

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Mission Accomplished!.. wow.. I can't believe how small and shitty the original speakers are.. those are the tiniest magnets I've seen.
    New ones are 100% better!. Loving it!

IMG_0304.jpg