1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will W Pardon Scooter Libby?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by eagle33199, Jun 5, 2007.

?
  1. He will pardon Libby, and he should

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. He will pardon Libby, although he shouldn't (please post and explain why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. He won't pardon Libby, although he should (again, please explain why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. He won't pardon Libby and shouldn't

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Now we know Scooter Libby's sentence, will he be pardoned?
    I think this will present a real quandary for Bush.

Here you go PriusRos... you need to make sure to fill out every field in the poll - title, content, question, etc... i've had the same problem a few times

2. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Jun 5 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]455965[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks so much!

But now I don't know how to answer the questions you put there! What is your answer?

Mine were:

Yes, definitely
    Yes, if he loses the appeal
    Probably, eventually
    No
    Haven't a clue
    Other (explain)

I think I would have answered proably, eventually.

3. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would be surprised if he didn't pardon Libby on his way out the door. If I remember correctly its customary to pardon people on your last day in office. I think Clinton did something similar.

I think he has a though time doing it before his last day in office as this is the highest ranking official found guilty since the Iran Contras affair... His best hope is that Libby can stay out of jail through the appeal process and that this process drags out beyond the end of his term (so that Libby doesn't have to spend time in jail). Sucks being a scapegoat but I guess that's part of the game.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 5 2007, 06:09 AM) [snapback]455605[/snapback]</div>
    I think a poll on whether Libby should or should not be pardoned, would be more useful and interesting without the attached poll attempting to predict whether or not the moron-in-chief will pardon him. I have not the vaguest idea whether that lame excuse for a human being will issue a pardon. So I cannot pick a choice in the poll. But I do not think he ought to be pardoned.