1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will you be ordering the new iPhoneS or C ?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JMD, Sep 10, 2013.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    We will agree to disagree.

Easier to install a few more windows, and a lot cheaper, too. Besides, I live in a wonderful location a short walk to a national forest, surrounded by mountains. I don't think I would find it pleasant to have neighbors close enough to hear.

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You can get all that and the Pacific Ocean. But it will cost a kings ransom to call it your home. :)

3. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Unfortunately everyone cannot be a king. Lucky for me I'm happy in my current station :)

4. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    GRUDGE MATCH

In one corner: SageBrush, with his iPhone 5s bought off-contract and used with ST on the AT&T network. Unlimited voice, messages, and 2.5 GB LTE data. Takes advantage of his tax deduction.

In the other corner: JDM, with his iPhone 5s bought on contract through AT&T. 450 minutes, 200 messages, 300 MB LTE data (catcalls from the audience loud and clear). Takes advantage of corporate discount.

Grudge_match.png

Need we say more ?
    You want an apples to apples comparo using unlimited plans ? You got it:

Grudge-apples.png

Audience welcome to put in their own scenario here.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    When I lived in rural N.D. and I could not afford an air conditioner (yes, I was poor for most of my life) I installed an exhaust fan, facing outwards, near the ceiling upstairs. It was pretty powerful, though I cannot quote cfm now. As soon as it was cooler outside than inside in the evening, I'd open the downstairs windows and turn on the exhaust fan upstairs. Since hot air rises, the fan sucked the hot air out, drawing cooler outside air in. By morning the house would be cool, and I'd shut off the fan and close the windows. The house would stay pretty cool into the afternoon, and then I'd turn on the floor fans for some circulation.

Some folks think of ND as cold, but it has the greatest difference between hottest and coldest temperatures of any of the lower 48 states, and in summer often went over 100 F. and sometimes stayed up into the upper 70's through the night.

6. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yep, this is exactly how I cool my house in the summer. Works reasonably well for my high desert climate, and I appreciate the improved interior air quality, money savings and decreased coal consumption compared to AC.

Now that you have money, how do you cool your home ?

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am embarrassed to say that I have a whole-house air conditioner. It was part of the house when I bought it. But Spokane has a fairly mild climate, with a much longer heating season than cooling season, and during nearly all of the hot weather I am up in Canada, hiking in the mountains. So the A/C does not get used much at all.

SageBrush likes this.
  8. Whirldy

Whirldy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    The iPhone 5c seems to have a back-focus bug in the camera app :(

9. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All of the above, and I get $220 trade in on my 64GB 4s! Sweet. i had the 4s for over two years really love it! 5s will just be that much better!

JMD likes this.