1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will you be taking one for a test drive?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by ItsNotAboutTheMoney, Jan 3, 2012.

?
  1. Test drive? I'm going to buy one!

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Yes! I can't wait!

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Yes. Shortly after it's available

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Yes. After the rush is over

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. Yes. (Even though I won't buy one)

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Maybe. Need more information

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  7. No. I'm not in the market

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  8. No. It's not my thing

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. No way!

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm really looking forward to the release of the c and I'm keen to take one for a test drive and particularly keen to have my wife test one.

I know there's been a "Would you buy one?" thread but I'm interested to know just how keen people are.

Poll!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I really am looking forward to taking one out on a test drive. My wife and I had a long discussion as to whether I would get the PiP or the c. In a minimalist perspective, the c is all I really need 95% of the time. However, it doesn't plug in and our other car is a Fusion Hybrid with only a trunk. Even though it's only 5% of the time, having that hatchback with folding seats is really nice when you need it.

3. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    3rd gen Prius plug in and a Prius c would just about take care of 99% of normal transportation needs for most families, especially empty nesters.

Substitute the newer v for the 3rd gen Prius plug in and you fill out 99% of the transportation needs for families that take more stuff on trips. But really, the 3rd gen Prius would handle the parents and 3 children for school chores or longer cross country trips if they pack judiciously. Extra room in the v would be good for those who can't travel light.

We don't have 2 Prii, because the c isn't out yet. I could make do with an even smaller 2 or 3 seat Prius d! d for 'diminutive'. It could be the size of a Ford Ka, or Mini Coupe. Just keep it super aero, please.

After that, but not that much after, Toyota needs develop a small Prius truck... about the size of an old original Chevy S-10 or or vintage Nissan 'Hardbody'. That would help fill out the more utilitarian transportation needs of those of us out in the countryside or even those families stuck way out in the burbs.

Will difinitely test drive a Prius c, soon as they become available!

4. TwoBear

TwoBear New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm very excited to see the C, but whether or not I buy one depends a lot on how they price it. There are a lot of good cars that get decent mileage these days. I only drive about 6000 miles a year, so if it comes in too expensive it will take me forever to justify the extra cost of a hybrid.

5. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I can't wait! I'm going to test drive the C and the V once I get a chance.

6. TwoBear

TwoBear New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It actually came in at a bit lower base price than I thought. This could very well be my next car!

7. oldasdust

oldasdust Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I will test drive one and may trade my 2011. Time will tell.

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Heard that. For things like bringing home a cat climbing tree, 58" tall.

No plans to test drive, but I'll have a sit someday. I'm set with the '11.

9. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The c-model is advertised to be an under 20-kilobuck car---right?
    So...for the price of a 40-kilobuck PiP, couldn't you convert the c-model into a plug-in with an Enginer kit, or even a Hymotion and save some $$$???

10. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Despite as usual..with everything in life...it falling short of my dreams of absolute perfection...I'm still very interested in the Prius c.

Sometimes? I wish Toyota would steal more from the competition. One little thing I REALLY like about my Honda Fit? They molded cup holders underneath the drivers dash and passenger dash circulation vents. I have learned to LOVE them.

In the summer...with the AC..they keep the drinks cold. Opposite in the winter with coffee or cocoa....

When I first bought my Fit, I thought the ridiculous amount of cup holders was laughable..but given the numerous adaptable useages? I love them now.

The Prius c, looks very Honda Fitish...but it doesn't have my beloved cup holders underneath the vents...if I make the jump? I know I'm going to miss those.

In this day and age of Cell Phones and mini-Devices. Automakers need to create as much Mini-Storage space as possible.

It's ridiculous that people are buying 20,000+ vehicles but then struggling to figure out ways to and places to store and drive with Change, Drinks and Cell Phones. Creating space for these items is really just a simple commitment to design. For a subcompact? The Fit did it excellently...Toyota should steal more of those ideas.

11. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Same here. I originally wanted the PiP, but then when I saw the pictures of the production c, and read about it (light weight, better handling, 53mpg city), I decided to take a good look at the c (and test drive) before making a decision. I like smaller, lightweight cars, so the c fits my desires very well.

KEEP IN MIND that you can easily increase the highway mpg by keeping your speed down. If the car gets 53mpg city, then if you drive the c closer to city speeds on the highway, you will get closer to 53mpg. How fast do people drive in the city? 40mpg? 50mph? If you drive 55mph to 65mph instead of 75mph on the highway, you should see a clear improvement in mpg. There are many times when the flow of the highway traffic is only going 55mph (like today, when it was raining in SoCal). Follow at a distance where you don't need to use the brake pedal, and you could easily get city mpg on the highway (and no start/stopping, unlike in the city).

Btw, fwiw, I've been getting 40mpg city in my Corolla over the past few months simply by taking my foot off of the gas pedal and shifting into neutral every time I'm headed towards a red light. No need for HSD if I don't have to stop and start in the first place. :)
    (although regen would be awesome to me in the situations where I do have to stop - which is why I'm considering a Prius c. I was very excited when I saw the traditional gear shift - which I'm hoping will make it easier for me to shift into neutral when it will benefit me)

12. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    ^It's tempting, but I can't see much of an upgrade from a 2010 Prius. It seems the Prius has been stationary at ~50mpg (rated) for at least the last 3 years (plug-in notwithstanding).

13. cruzetheskye

cruzetheskye Youngest One Here

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Voted for "Going to buy one" since . . . well . . . I'm gonna buy it . . .

14. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Maybe. At this point I am not ruling it out as a future purchase. Only if I reasonably think I have a chance of purchase will I bother wasting a salesman's time with a test drive. I won't do it just for the heck of it.

My lease isn't up for 14 months. I have to decide then whether to buy the car out right or lease a new vehicle. To be honest, with prices on vehicles where they are now, if my lease was finished tomorrow I would consider picking up a rav4 because they are wildly cheaper than even a baseline prius. Hopefully the c, v, and pip will glut the market a little bit, at least enough to bring prices down on the Prius to lower than they are now (which are higher than when I picked mine up).

15. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My friend is going to buy one, so I will "test drive" hers one day.

16. phenoyz

phenoyz Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No test drive, I want one NOW !!!