1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will you say, “I told you so�

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 3 2006, 08:36 AM) [snapback]343121[/snapback]</div>
    But using RW logic, since 911 was Clinton's fault, we can certainly blame anything bad that happens within the next 10 years on Bush.

2. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

If the Demo's took control and tried their best to continue with the security policies in place or tighten even harder, then I think we can go with the "inevitable" theory.. it was going to happen no matter how much we try to protect against it.

There is no dispute that the terrorists are ramping up to hit us right now during the Bush administration.

I'm saying that if they reverse course on the Bush policy and we get wacked, then we're ramped up for the "I told you so".

Which is why Bush will go into the history books as having protected America during his presidency... if we get hit because of policy changes that happen after he leaves.

Clinton had little or no stance on terrorism, he was too busy with his zipper to think about it. If they hit us, we'll send a couple tomahawks into the desert and get back to business with monica.

The door was wide open for all of the clinton years (terrorists training at our flight schools, all the intelligence gathering by the terrorists, letting Bin Laden go, etc). I'm not sure if it was too late or if the Bush admin didn't get the door closed in time, but in any case, the ramp up to 911 was during the Clinton administration.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Nov 3 2006, 08:04 AM) [snapback]343113[/snapback]</div>
    Have a nice weekend my friend.

4. prez1

prez1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 3 2006, 08:36 AM) [snapback]343121[/snapback]</div>
    I think the economy has been great in the last 2-3 years. 50 year lows on interest rates, the stock market is at an all-time high, unemployment just hit 4.4%. Just about anyone who wants a job can find one.

5. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prez1 @ Nov 3 2006, 10:50 PM) [snapback]343634[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I have some friends that have two jobs, and some other friends who had 20 years in IT, and now they are selling door knobs at Home Chepot, so from what I can see, it's a great economy at the top (ain't it always), but not so great in the middle, and downright shitty at the bottom. And it all seems to be propped up by debt, public (thanks China) and private (refinance now!) and sooner or later, the bill comes due...

6. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Nov 2 2006, 02:26 AM) [snapback]342425[/snapback]</div>
    I'll say "life goes on".

I'm not going to lose sleep or have my life disrupted by cowardly terrorists. I will feel bad for the people who will likely be hurt or die in such an attack, but I will resist any attempts by officials or governments to curtail my rights or freedoms because of it.

Otherwise the terrorists really WILL win.

Dave

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveG @ Nov 4 2006, 03:03 AM) [snapback]343700[/snapback]</div>
    Almost if not all your rights and freedoms are curtailed in someway already. Can you name one of yours that has been further curtailed since W took office? How about CLinton's effort to wiretap domestic sources after Oklahome, were you as vocal then?

Wildkow

p.s. inquiring minds would like to know. <_<

8. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 4 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]344015[/snapback]</div>
    It's not as much of a problem for me yet (I'm not American), but obviously when the US takes a pro-active (read: ineffective) approach to "preventing" terrorism, other countries will try similar tactics too. Nobody wants to be first, but if some other country "gets away" with stripping away their citizen's rights, it's worth a try.

I don't think anyone is really fooled that the tactics employed by Bush and company are more aimed at nice person-covering, then actual results.

Dave

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveG @ Nov 4 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]344032[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps then you could name someone's else's right's that have been curtailed. Try this first without going to the media to find an example. Start say with family, friends, co-workers, classmates or neighbors’. If you can't find any there then go to the media outlets and let’s see how many you find.

Wildkow