1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window guide needs adjusted or replaced dealer says no

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by detroit11, Apr 1, 2013.

1. detroit11

detroit11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok so I got my windows tinted.
    My tint guy said hey your window track needs to adjusted if possible or replaced. He showed me where after the window goes up it is slightly forward in the door frame. You can put your hands on either side of it and slide it back. It also leaves about .5 inch gap between the tint and window edge before you move it back so you can see it plainly.

I have a certified preowned warranty and and ext warranty. I took it to the dealer and they first said it was within spec. even though none of the other windows do it at all. Then they said if its not an actual failed or broken part ( and just needs adjustment) that it wont be covered. They want me to pay $105 for a diagnostic to see if its coverable. ( reimbursable if it is).

Anyone had a similar issue and if so was it a failed part ? or just an adjustment. if just an adjustment does that even seem right ?

They also told me the 12v battery was giving an error code of being low. I have had no starting issues or anything like that. This or course the dealer said would be a maint. issue and my problem even though it wasnt caught in the certified preowned inspection. thoughts ?