1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window Tint w/ Windshield

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by LOLGuy, May 1, 2010.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was amazed at how much heat gets through with untinted windows, so I had my new III tinted today and it looks like a very nice job.

Solar Gard HP Supreme 16 all around with Ultra Performance 75 for the windshield.

Before and afters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fussion101

Fussion101 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did your installer cut around the dot matrix on the front windshield?

If possible could you post a picture of where the tint meets the dot matrix. Thanks!

3. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That looks great. It would not be legal in Ohio. Here is my tint job.

[​IMG]

Take those ugly hub caps off.

4. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    He covered only the outermost ring of the dot matrix -- the smallest dots. He said it would cure perfectly. He even went all the way down on the driver's lower corner to provide consistency where the VIN number appears, as tinting the windshield is not legal in FL either.

5. cobradb

cobradb Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    20% is required to be affective, and its not legal anywhere,, all you have to do if pulled over by the "officer" is roll down all windows and they usually dont say anything
    what % is the windshield?? 75?

6. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, the windshield is 75.

7. LulzChicken

LulzChicken Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got 18 all around on my car. However, I didn't get the windshield done. I'm kinda thinking if I should get 75% like you did. It would probably cut down the sun a good bit.

8. euge.lee

euge.lee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I got AirBlue... nearly transparent but blocks the heat as good as "dark" tint... love it on my front windshield.

9. SDM44

SDM44 SeƱor Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    When my windshield tint went on (twice... see reason below), they went over the dot matrix. No problems for 3 months thus far, and the more the car sits in the sun, the better the tint adheres to the windshield & dot matrix (no air pockets, no fading, etc). The same goes for the BMW guys with the rear windows and the dot matrix on that.

I have 24% dual layer all around on my car, and put 75% windshield tint back on. Like I've said a few times in other posts, the Prius windshield angle is so low that putting tint on the windshield actually makes it look 1 step darker than it really is. I originally had 35% all around and 50% on my windshield. The 50% looked as dark, if not slightly darker than the 35% on the windows. A little bit too dark for me, but nice if you're driving under the sun. I went darker on the sides and lightened up the front and now it's much better.... resembles my Land Cruiser with 20% on the sides and 50% front windshield.