1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Window tinting companies in San Diego

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Larry Greenwald, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Larry Greenwald

Larry Greenwald Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've done some initial research on companies that do window tinting. I'm looking for one locally in San Diego. I've looked at Yelp to get the ratings there, but I would like some opinions from you folks here.

FYI, I want to do all five windows (front driver and passenger, rear passenger and hatchback). I've seen many cars (including Prius) where all the windows were done so I know it can be done. (If I see one like that and the driver is there, I can probably ask that person too).

2. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know if you know that front window is illegal in Calif. Thats what the shop told me that did my windows

3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Front is illegal in Cali. But you can do it and just have to pay the tickets or hope you never get pulled over.

4. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Did all doors/rear in 30% this weekend, then windshield in 70%, love it!

Will post pics soon....

ztanos likes this.
  5. sdnlgm

sdnlgm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I used SDTint based on recs from people locally and they are amazing. Very professional and quick. I used the Sorrento Valley location but there is also one in La Mesa. Not the cheapest but def. high quality. Yelp used to have a coupon for a little bit off. I did the ceramic clear on the front windows but they will give you recs on what to do regarding the tint on fronts.

6. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I used SDTint in La Mesa. No problems after several years. I guess sometimes you get what you pay for.

7. Larry Greenwald

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So far, I've heard back from Auto Glass of San Diego and Monumental Workx. Need to check out San Diego Tint. ANy word (good or bad) on the two companies I've received estimates from?

8. Larry Greenwald

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I got the estimates from San Diego Tint today, price varied depending on material used (all 3M). Using FX Premiere it would be $280, using Crystalline would be $680.

So far the companies I've checked have given me about $300 for their estimate, but now I'm figuring out it would be for their standard material. I'm going to try again on the estimates, this time being more specific about the price for all 9 windows (yeah I thought it was 5, but the little windows count separately) using their best material.

9. Finesse

Finesse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I used Tint World on Miramar for my Honda Fit 2 years ago. Did all windows except the windshield for $200 iirc. 9 windows for Fit. Tint has been holding up fine. However, I had to have it redone once in the very beginning since there was a ton of lint and air bubbles for a couple of windows. Lifetime warranty for the tint. I tinted the front windows the lightest tint available and the other windows were around 50% I believe.

They may have changed owners since then when I last checked on Yelp for reviews though.

10. los panda

los panda Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    if you feel like taking a drive, check out tw tinting on yelp. i haven't written my review yet, they just did my car.

i got 20% all around (not windshield) for $185, that includes lifetime warranty.

11. Larry Greenwald

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just did my C there today. All 9 windows using 35% Ultimate (leaving 65% visual), total cost $200, including a lifetime warranty. So far no issues with interference with the electronics (Satellite radio works fine). That $200 was a special deal price for doing it that day (regular price would have been $270).

FYI, the tint is made by a company called SunTek.