1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

window tinting

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by joy, Jun 22, 2006.

1. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I got solar guard from a company in Awatukee. They are really good . They even did the front window which I didn't know was possible. No seams and very cool .
    It's the best way to go. It blocks a lot more heat than any othrs.

2. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    the new solar film I got here in AZ is very nice, they even did the windsheild. Solar sheild. I used this company. It blocks more IR heat than any film.
    (480) 961-4611
    (520) 316-0424
    7050 West Chandler Blvd. Suite #1
    (1 blk East of I-10, NW Corner 56th St/Chandler Blvd)

3. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Consider Airpark Tint in Scottsdale @$150 or less for entry level, with lifetime guarantee. They do Ferraris and other upscale cars and did three cars for me so far. Best tint I've ever had.

4. paco-shalom

paco-shalom Veteran Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As I posted on this thread last year, I got my Prius tinted and my minivan tinted by a company that comes to you. Very convenient. Mark came to my office and did the work right there. Just call him (602) 230-8468 to schedule an appointment. The price was right. He tinted the Prius for $140 + tax and the front side windows on the minivan for $60 + tax. The windows are still looking great in the 3rd summer since it was done.

5. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Those who haven't posted the price, how much did your tint cost you?

6. mclauda

mclauda New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Has anybody in the Tampa, FL area had their windows tinted? If so, where did you get it done and how good of a job did they do?

7. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I used Solar Shield Window Tinting
    (480) 961-4611
    (520) 316-0424

They even did my windshield, it really makes a difference. This film blocks more of the IR infra red heat than any others. It has really worked out well. Big windowns with no seams.
    It cost more than some but is top notch with the best heat resistance in the business. I paid about $500 for the complete deal.

8. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    On July 31st I had all my windows done at the Solar Shield place that jstack used.
    (480) 961-4611
    I got the 35% metal shield/tint. It really does block a lot of the heat. I also like that the windows don't seem as dark (I can see MUCH better out the rear glass) from inside the car, but the glare is much better. No lines or any indication that you have anything on your windows. Your car is still hot when you get in it, but it takes less time to cool down, and it is cooler even with the sun coming in the driver's side window. It was expensive. I had to pay them to remove an after-market tint that the dealership had put on. That cost $150 extra, but if you don't have any tint that has to be removed, it's around $580, with a Lifetime Warranty, to cover all the windows on a Prius.

9. kjconrad

kjconrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I got my tint at a place called "A Better Tint" here in Phoenix. Very good, dark tint with good heat rejection. I got they have 2 premium brands... I forget the first brand (which is what I got) for $199, and the 3M stuff for $249. They also have a $20 off coupon on their website (google A Better Tint, it's the first hit)

Very satisfied, they were very nice... When I asked about the rear piece that comes tinted from the factory he said they don't generally do that one. I mentioned I wanted it done so it would match the rest and asked how much extra it would cost. He almost said $30 but then said he'd throw it in (YMMV on that one).