1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windows done

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by DietCoke, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Big D

Big D New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I am thinking about getting my windows tinted at 35%.
    Just want an opinion on whether the tint will help with the heat in the summer. I have a black prius c four and I don't know if the tint will add to the heat or help stop it.

Thanks!

2. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    One of the major selling points for tint is heat resistance. The new ceramic tints specs are impressive but costly.
    I have a black interior and before tint, I can feel it heated up fast. I didn't get ceramic but tint def. helps.

3. Big D

Big D New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    That's what I was thinking too. The weather started to get nice here and the car is super hot after just a few minutes in the sun (the black interior definitely contributes to that).

I got a couple of quotes from some local places here and it seems reasonable: around 170-200 for four windows and the back. If I want the front tinted it is 150-175 (I was thinking about a clear tint on the front to decrease UV rays etc - don't know if that is overkill)

4. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    The front and rear windows contribute the most to heating up interior. The front was just too expensive on the front and it doesn't get that hot here.

5. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Looks really good. It looks lowered too. Very nice stance. Has the tint helped with the GPS screen glare? The screen on mine has a horrendous glare!!! Maybe I will tint the windows...