1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windows Down vs A/C

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by d2mini, Jun 20, 2012.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm crossing my fingers for ya. I have a suspicious feeling you are closer to 70mpg than I am. I think David (Codyroo) refilled today so we better watch out for him. 68+ is the norm for him in summer weather. LOL

markabele likes this.
  2. NineScorpions

NineScorpions Economy, Meet Style!!

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    well, here we go. I filled up again and went into the new mode. No AC in the morning with cracked windows...works great and I actually like it better. I have been working late hours so leaving around 8pm. In doing so, I was able to do the same on the ride home. I have done this for two days so far (roughly 120 miles). Conditions are quite static...100 degree daily average high. Results...about 4mpg above my best ever.

Best before: 52.3 HSI
    Now: 56.0 HSI

I know I have not completed the tank...but I have never gotten even close to this in the past at the point in the tank. My CONS is always climbing as I deplete the tank...so I never see a high number up front. This is very promising. I will lose some when I need the AC in the afternoon, but I must assume there is at least 2mpg waiting for me if I incorporate this into my morning commute. All of that with 24lb 18" rims...I am happy. :ROFLMAO:

3. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    your old best was in 100F temps too right? I just want to rule out decreased rolling resistance from high temps. I notice a pretty big increase in mpg from 60F to 100F. :)

4. NineScorpions

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The tank I just filled on Monday was 52.2. Average high temp was 100 during that tank...I keep track of this on my fuelly. And just checked...our average high the last two days was actually 95 (needed to wait until midnight for the site to update daily temps). So temp has gone down 5 degrees and the mpg went up 4. I think that 5 degree drop changed nothing...tank before was avg of 95F and mileage was 51.6.

5. NineScorpions

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    was still pulling my 56.0 CONS until today when I had to go on a shopping spree with the gf and store to store stop and go. Lots of AC as I watch my CONS drop into the 53's....damn it :mad:

6. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL I had a feeling the same thing would happen to me so I did circles around the airport so I could refill and say F it. Gotta make your GF happy bro.