1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield air flow indicator light?????

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Crain, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Crain

Crain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am new here and new to high tech cars. My last ride was as 1988 Ford pick up 275,000 miles ... the poor thing finally died ... but it gave good service right to the end. I replaced the Ford with a 2009 Prius and it's a great car. So far no problems just routine stuff until a day or so ago. The little yellow "Windshield air flow indicator light" can on. I checked my Bentley book and it doesn't tell me anything. So can you guys tell me what I should be look for to fix the problem. Other than "Take it back to the dealer".
    Thanks for the help ...Don

2. goldfinger

goldfinger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Turn your windshield defroster off.

3. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Light just means that you have air set to windshield defrost. There is a button on steering wheel to turn that on so you probably accidentally pressed that. Just press AC auto on steering wheel to put the system back to fully automatic mode or use MFD (multi-function display) to set it anyway you like.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! stuff like this will more likely be in the o/m, rather than bentley. all the best!(y)

5. Crain

Crain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, for the reply's. I better get the owners manual out and read the dame thing. I feel like a real dope such an obvious thing Thanks again. It's been a while since I fiddled with cars but this is such a great car I think I'm going to get into it again. So there will be a lot more questions. Be kind to me boys I'm a dummy when it comes to all this electronic stuff. Don