1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Cleaning - Stoner Reach and Clean Tool

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by jay_man2, Jul 13, 2009.

1. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I see several threads about a cleaning tool for the windshield for a Gen 2, but none yet for a Gen 3, so here goes. Mods, please move if necessary.

I bought a Stoner Reach and Clean Tool, that's basically a triangle on the end of a handle that has a microfiber cloth over it, to clean the front inside of the windshield, and it just doesn't work all that well. I still had to contort myself unnaturally, and you have to be very careful to keep from scratching the dash with the end of the handle. The second time I used it I did put a minor scratch in the dash on the passenger side. :eek:

Anyway, I'd recommend not buying this. I decided to just use the Stoner glass cleaner wipes, followed by a few swipes with a paper towel or Scotts shop towel (the blue disposable paper ones). I sit in the passenger seat to do half the windshield, and on the driver's side just stick my head and arms in, and with my long reach clean the other half. It's still a pain, but the end result is better than anything I could do with that Stoner tool.

[​IMG]

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. dc202

dc202 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought this tool last week and find it very :)useful on the Gen III. I highly recommend it.