1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Cover

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by JonWaters, Dec 27, 2015.

1. JonWaters

JonWaters Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi All, has anyone found a good aftermarket cover to keep snow and ice off a Prius windshield while parked outside in the winter? It looks like most of the country could use one today but here in Minnesota it is handy about 5-6 months each year.

Season's Greetings & Happy New Year!
    Jonathan

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It'll get stolen

3. JonWaters

JonWaters Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Typically they are held in place by closing the front doors on them so it would be a lot of work in the cold for most thieves around here. Maybe in LA...

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen them offered on Home Shopping cable channels.
    I'd imagine a google search would bring you plenty of results and options.

If you live in Minnesota? I'd ask your neighbors if they are happy with theirs.

The concept for them really isn't rocket science though. So Fit, ease of use, are probably all you need to look for.

Where I live, I don't really need one.

5. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Neighbor has a frost guard on his accord. When I lived in an apartment I just used a towel...if it was stolen it's a cheaper replacement

Fone ?

6. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I have one and been using it since the last few years, it works great over a clean glass.
    Didn't have to use it yet on 2015/16 season.
    I will retrieve it and pass along the manufacturer name.
    You can also use a heavy plastic sheet cut to size and shape and make some sort of straps or extensions with the same material, like a eyeglass shape.

7. JonWaters

JonWaters Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It is amazing to me how few people use any windshield cover up here. I have one that fits my Isuzu Trooper and can just peel it off and go when my neighbors or co-workers are working their ice scrappers. I've used it on the Prius but as you mentioned fit is important and what fits many cars isn't great for my blue Prius. It is in the garage tonight but has to sit outside at work. I tried Google, Amazon and searched our forums but no luck. Maybe a product that the market needs Danny?

8. herqulees

herqulees Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is a couple year old thread but it's my exact question. Does anyone have any recommendations? Or at the least can someone tell me the windshield dimensions so I can find one large enough with good reviews?
    I'd be willing to bet a rather large amount of money (okay not really) that it'll wear out long before someone ever even looks at it and thinks "Imma go through the hassle to steal that..." let alone acts on such a weird urge, not to mention I'm in an apartment complex with cameras everywhere.

9. Eodguy

Eodguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had a Mercedes Benz before the Prius and Cover King made a great snow cover for it that had bungie cords that went around the mirrors and it worked fantastic. When I replaced it with the Prius I searched and Cover King did not make one. I found this one on Amazon that works good but it is not as good.