1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Display Of MPH

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by John6012, Jun 1, 2018.

1. John6012

John6012 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Regardless of seating position (unless I slouch) I cannot adequately see the MPH and speed limit sign displayed on the windshield. Is there any way to adjust this thin so it will be easy to visualize without slouching or bobbing one's head from side to side in order to see what is on the windscreen?
    If there is no way to adequately visualize the projection on the windscreen it is a safety issue but surely it can be adjusted or I'll literally have to overlook the display.

2. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Adjusting HUD 2017 toyota prius

illumiN8i likes this.
  3. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    you can adjust up and down and change brightness but you can NOT change the horizontal position of the display. it was quite annoying at first as I (and many other people) tended to slight slightly to the right of center. I've noticed, however, that my body position has actually self-corrected and I now sit dead center which brings the HUD into full view.

you can access the hud settings on the MFD or by simply pressing the HUD button which will pop them up briefely (you'll have to press it 3 times actually to cycle through to where you started from, but it may be quicker then cycling through on the MFD.

4. John6012

John6012 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I seen that image appear a couple of times but I thought it referred to the headlights. I tried to adjust from the manual and when I pushed the up arrow nothing happened and eventually I pushed the dow arrow and the image was on the windshield. I did the adjustment with your help, thanks!

SteveMucc likes this.