1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield replacement doesn't exist!

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by exposure_therapy, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your experience sounds similar to one I had with a local transmission shop a number of years ago.
    I had a friend who was told their transmission needed to be rebuilt. I took them to this shop and they test drove it.
    They drove back to the shop, spent a few minutes under the hood, and drove again and the car was fixed. There was no charge. Apparently they just oiled a linkage and commented the original shop must use more expensive oil. o_O

2. pianewman

pianewman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ^^^...and I've always developed similar relationships with dealership service directors (NOT advisors!). When test driving a used car, I pointed out that I thought there was a bent wheel. Sales guy said no, car was fully inspected, CPO warranty, blah, blah, blah. Bought the car, drove it to Discount tire, had them pull the wheel...YUP...bent wheel, rear tires seriously cupped.
    BACK to the dealer. Sales mgr said, "NOT covered under any warranty. Bent wheel. your problem." Went to my friend, service director. He knew I was right, replaced the bad wheel, AND two tires, at NO CHARGE,,,even threw it an alignment!!! (HUGE dealership, probably with enormous overhead costs...)

I can tell you about two indy shops in FW, low rent district, low overhead, that are incredibly deceitful, doing unnecessary and costly repairs. Too bad I can't call them "stealerships." HAHA!