1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield still streaking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by FishHawk, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

be advised that some people have found that rubbing alcohol removes the paint on most of the trim inside of the Prius.

2. Actual Mileage

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(onerpm @ Oct 23 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]336987[/snapback]</div>

Second!
    (Hermes works much better than Gucci.)

3. xbdude

xbdude opticat

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I can't understand what is causing the INSIDE of my windshield to get streaky. I don't smoke, nor has anyone ever smoked in the car. It is garaged. I cleaned the inside of the windshield two days ago with "Cinch" and a soft rag and it looked great. Today, it's all "foggy" again and it doesn't go away unless it is wiped off. Weird.

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I get the same thing. Could it be the plastic or carpeting emanating gasses?

5. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xbdude @ Oct 31 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]341596[/snapback]</div>
    some times a very slow leak in the heater core will put antifreeze mist on the windshield. Also if you have a plugged A/C drain and run the Climate system on Auto the moisture in the evaporator will go on the windshield with what ever is in the housing. If possible to leave a window down an inch or two when your parked in the garage might help as well.