1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Sun Shade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusguy84, May 2, 2021.

1. priusguy84

priusguy84 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Guys,
    I want to buy the Best Fitting Sun Shade for my Dash ...

Please advise asap.

BIG Thx

2. Sanchan

Sanchan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Have you checked Prius-Chat Shop? I 've never bought it but looks real nice!

srellim234 likes this.
  3. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Personally, I would search this forum long and hard before ordering anything recommended here to check others experience. Cough, cough.
    a
    Having said that, I ordered a shade for my subaru from Intro-Tech and am extremely happy with it. Your luck may, and probably will, vary. And, yes, do a search on my recommendation, also.
    For some reason, my link is not showing up. Maybe the forum owner Danny read some earlier posts of mine critical of his junket to Japan.....

But, I ordered from a place on amazon. If you do a search for:
    Intro-Tech Automotive TT-77-P Custom Fit Premium Folding Windshield Sunshade for Toyota Prius Models 2004-2009, Silver

you can probably find it.

#3 cyberpriusII, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
  4. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I agree with shopping around but I will recommend the one sold here in the shop. I ordered mine 4 years ago and have been very pleased with it. It even covers the small pillar windows and rolls up nicely, secured by the attached velcro strap. It's not showing much in the way of wear and tear.

EDIT: I'm only referring to the quality of the product. While I had no problem with delivery from the shop four years ago, that may well not be the case now. Check with others who have ordered from there more recently.

#4 srellim234, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
  5. caliwaves

caliwaves Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I special ordered mine for less than $30 direct from a SoCal Toyota dealer. It took a couple weeks, but it was a 99.5% perfect fit.

Sanchan likes this.
  6. The Lizard King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    What made 0.5% not a perfect fit?

Sanchan likes this.
  7. caliwaves

caliwaves Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'd say the top center where the shade meets the rear view mirror does not 100% block out the light, letting a little go through. But its honestly ok. Its better than the ones I tried from Costco and other shops // and its a high quality piece. The dealer at the time only carried Gen III and above shields; and they were nice enough to get one special ordered for me.

Sanchan likes this.
  8. priusguy84

priusguy84 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Appreciate the feedback. I guess I could always fabricate one myself with Reflectix glued to Cardboard from Lowes.

Autozone has generic stuff that fits like junk.

Sanchan likes this.
  9. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The best there is is a Weathertech. It fits perfect and going on my 14th year with one I bought new when I bought my 07.
    Took me a while but scored a front set of weathertech floor mats on ebay for $30 about a year later they still look perfect.

And the best mod I ever did to my g2 is a Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover. It changes the whole way the car feels the wheel is so comfortable. The steering wheel on a G2 is very rough. See all that white dust on the dash and dashboard that's skin from your hands the steering wheel grates off. That stopped when I put the leather on. You will love this:

Amazon.com : wheelskins leather steering wheel covers

Sanchan and caliwaves like this.
  10. jkisf

jkisf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Ive found the round one from Amazon works best, its easy to install/uninstall and fold really small. The square versions were tedious, but every prius owner should have this its super functional to help with dash and interior especially the combo meter as well as keep the interior cool.

11. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The one in the PC shop is excellent, but I'd be leery of buying there these days. Lots of people saying they ordered and didn't get what they bought and can't get a response from the shop. Maybe try the "Contact us" first to see how the response is. It might be all better now. If that won't work, they are available from the maker, Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield: The Original Windshield Sun Shade

srellim234 likes this.
  12. caliwaves

caliwaves Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @edthefox5 how long did it take you to stitch the wheelskin cover?? :)

13. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    About 30 minutes it’s easy. I have installed 3 on my cars so far. Really nice. If installed properly. The one on my G2 is 14 years old and still looks good.
    No car needs a good leather wheel cover more then the G2.

caliwaves likes this.
  14. Dino74

Dino74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just got this one from ebay "For Toyota Prius 2004-09 Windshield Visor SunShade Custom Made Sun Shade" (Don't have enough posts for links yet) Not sure why it 5 bucks more now.

I really like the fit and it feels solid.

IMG_0533.JPEG