1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield sunshade large enough for Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by LDB, Sep 5, 2015.

1. LDB

LDB Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My sunshades from my last car are not nearly large enough for the huge sloping windshield of my Prius. Any suggestions for large enough shades? The ones I have are mirror like foil and fold into a fairly small circle when not in use. They were the large size at Walmart. I like them and if I can find an XL version will go with that. Thanks for any and all suggestions. Oh, yes, I did a search but didn't find anything yet that I like.

2. DoubleDAZ

DoubleDAZ Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bought these last year and am happy with them. I use them vertically and the visors hold them in place. They are 28" wide (56" doubled) and 31" long, so they cover the width but don't quite go all the way to where the glass meets the dash, that's 34"-35" inside. All the ones I saw that were longer than 31" were too wide (like 63") for my tastes and 1 large shade vice 2 smaller ones. The Jumbos I saw on Amazon and at Walmart were 38"x31" (72"x31" or 38"x62" doubled) and I felt they were going to be too unwieldy for the visors to hold in place if placed vertically and still 31" (though wider) if placed horizontally. Pretty much just a personal preference and YMMV. I think all windows in vehicles should be like the windows in a house where you push a button and they magically turn opaque. :)

Edit: I guess I should add that my windows are tinted for Arizona, so I did not buy a rear or side shades.

#2 DoubleDAZ, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  3. HGS

HGS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    On Amazon you can buy the front and rear window shades made just right for the Prius. They cover the whole window and the small side windows. See links below:

Did you buy a new Prius?

4. LDB

LDB Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, this morning I got a new 2015 3 with the solar roof option. That was the one thing I absolutely was going to have. I got the white. Now I just have to learn how to best use it.

5. HGS

HGS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two

With your driving short distances, change the oil every 5,000 miles, not the 10,000 miles recommended for normal usage.

#5 HGS, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  6. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Sunshades are the best around and have a perfect fit

7. HGS

HGS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree. I really like my front and rear Sunshades. I also have side window deflectors and keep the windows cracked about an inch. It really helps when the car sits in the hot sun all day at work.

8. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A