1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield washer malfunction.

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Andey, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Andey

Andey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello friends.
    I am an owner Toyota Aqua. I bought it several mounths ago from Japan. And when the winter came to an end I discovered that washer is not working. I checked the fuse 'washer' and saw that it was ok but to be sure I replaced it to another one. It did not help. Then I came to the pump and checked a current that has to come to the pump. The current is absent. To be sure that I checked all things OK, I checked a current on a rear pump washer and saw that it was OK, it is not strange because of the rear washer is working ok.
    So I understand that I have a problem in wires or in switchs.

Can you help me to find the repair manual for Prius C where I can see the electric schem?
    It can really help me.
    Thanks.

2. SaraBBrown94

SaraBBrown94 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Did you have warm weather washer fluid(doesn't have alcohol in it to prevent freezing) in the vehicle and did the vehicle get to freezing temperatures? Might have ruined some stuff if that's the case from it freezing and expanding in the system.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. Andey

Andey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Fluid is Ok. I do not use the washer in the winter usually. Our winter is really cold. About -30 C. The weather now is quite warm, up to +10 C. I sure that problem Is in coming current to the pump. So I decided that befor I will dig farther will be quite well to see the electrical circuit.
    In our places Aqua is quite rare car for a while so the repair manual is impossible to find. Officially the Aqua/ Prius C is not coming to our country. We are buying these amazing cars in Japan in privat order. Some time later, when quantity of Aqua become larger it be easer to find the manuals. But today it is realy a headache.

4. SaraBBrown94

SaraBBrown94 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hmm well you could have someone outside the car while you attempt to turn the fluid sprayer pump on. The pumps usually make a little sound when they're functioning. Also even if you don't use the wiper fluid, it would still be in the system. You should try to see what type of fluid it had to see if it was safe to be in the system through that cold period.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. Andey

Andey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    To understanding a situation I seemingly have to explain some features about living in our places. We do not have an access to an official dealer of Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi ..... but all our roads full of them. And almoste every male person who uses the car have to resolve the problems with it by himself. And I really understand what kind of fluid I can use in the washer. All cars that I ever had I have maintened in a working condition by myself. For example, I can disassemble engine and assemble it and engine will be work. So level, "your engine don't work because you didn't put fuel in tank", is not mine.

But electricity is not my lovly place.
    So I ask a help me with the manual.

And in this case I disassembled place were I could touch the pump and check the current that had to come to pump. Multimeter showed me 0 V when I have switched washer ON.

Something like that.
    If I have any mistakes in English I ask pardon.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can subscribe to toyota tech info for $15./day, it has all the schematics.
    your english is excellent, and far superior to my russian.;)

have you checked all the fuses?

7. Andey

Andey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you.
    I'm considering about the subscription. Maybe it's the best solution for me. Can I download information from Toyota tech to my PC and how much?

No. I did not check every fuse. Do you think that one other can give me this trouble?